The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2017 at 20:24, d31 said:

hope to f**k we are prepared well for our ties seeing the complete arse st johnstone and rangers have made of themselves

How can you prepare well without having competitive games? 

We also made an arse of it last season in the first round and if it wasn't for two 90 minutes goals at Pittodrie along with an amazing save by Joe Lewis then we would have been knocked out by a luxembourg team as well. 

I think the first leg of our tie it is so important we don't concede a goal - even a 0-0 is not a disaster as we got results against FC Groningen and Dnipro this way

2 hours ago, Milners said:

How can you prepare well without having competitive games? 

We also made an arse of it last season in the first round and if it wasn't for two 90 minutes goals at Pittodrie along with an amazing save by Joe Lewis then we would have been knocked out by a luxembourg team as well. 

I think the first leg of our tie it is so important we don't concede a goal - even a 0-0 is not a disaster as we got results against FC Groningen and Dnipro this way

We had two perfectly good Ash Taylor goals disallowed in that first leg to be fair, we deserved the last minute goals. 

0-0, Siroki Brijeg it is then.

I remember the Rijeka game where the section in the RDS upper sang "you're not going to Kazakhstan" to a small band of Croatian away fans. My thoughts at the time were that this incredibly niche song would never have an opportunity to be aired again, how wrong was I?

So its up to Scotland's Premier European Football Club to once again do the business in Europe. Bring on next week, I can't fucking wait!

That's good to hear. Most of the other teams fans usually want us to lose. Nice to know you'll be cheering us on [emoji106]

Siroki were totally at ease tonight defending so we certainly dont want to give them anything to defend.

The game lacked quality and it was hard to know how good Siroki actually were as both teams looked dreadful

Concerned that we don't have the QR1 tie to sharpen us up this year.

Granted we could've done as Saints and the **** did and made an arse of it, but I do think in previous years we've benefited from the early qualifying start in the next round (Groningen, Rijeka etc)

Agreed however in those years we were unseeded in QR2. Hopefully being a seed in QR2 will mean we are ok without the warm up (hopefully!) and if we do get through we won't be running out of steam in r3 after playing 6 thursday big matchs in a row

Agreed however in those years we were unseeded in QR2. Hopefully being a seed in QR2 will mean we are ok without the warm up (hopefully!) and if we do get through we won't be running out of steam in r3 after playing 6 thursday big matchs in a row

Worth remembering the last couple of years we were seeded in QR1 and came within a bawhair of getting papped out!

Pretty much given up hope of getting past QR3 given some of the seeds (barring a very fortunate draw) albeit hoping for a cracking trip.

there are teams in the draw no better than maribor and we gave that a decent go. However getting a Milan or Everton might be a better outcome than some of the things that could happen

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Now how the f**k am I going to get from Split to this shitehole? It looks about the size of the Broch.

It disnae even have a train station (nether does the Broch right enough).

Get to Dubrovnik or Sarajevo, on to Mostar, and then by bus, taxi, friendly local or whatever the f*ck they have there, to this anagram of a place.

I think.

Just think, Tommy Wright could have been preparing the lads for the Bosnians.

His post match comments were embarrassing. He's a manager who struggles to cope with being favourites for a game both domestically and in Europe. 180 minutes, 40 of which were against 10 men, and they could only muster one goal against a bang average side, very poor.

Archived