The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

Made my way up for this to support you boys tonight, will be my first trip to Pittodrie - just leaves Hearts, Montrose and Edinburgh City on my list of Scottish league grounds to get to. Hoping for a cracker.

Decent number of Limassol fans in the Justice Mill atm.

COYR!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Caveman said:

COYR!

The Justice Mink - poor souls.

There was some chatter earlier today that the Apollon fans congregating by their hotel in Chapel Street were being verbally abusive to folks walking past, specifically of the ethnic variety - not sure how much truth there was in that.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I can't go either and I'm looking after my daughter as my wife is on nights. Considering avoiding the score and watching the replay. 10pm to watch back for UK subscribers.

For central belt based dons how do you get to mid-week games? Before my wife's shifts were confirmed I looked into it and the only way I can see getting back on public transport means leaving at half-time at the latest.

For the Bosnians I got train up in the evening stayed at my folks the Thursday night and got the 5.46am train back on the Friday :thumbsdown

Can't make it tonight through work but I drove to Maribor, Almaty, Ventspils and the Latvians find the drive home horrible.

1 hour ago, Caveman said:

Made my way up for this to support you boys tonight, will be my first trip to Pittodrie - just leaves Hearts, Montrose and Edinburgh City on my list of Scottish league grounds to get to. Hoping for a cracker.

COYR!

What on earth are you doing there?

Quesiton for Aberdeen fans, is something wrong with Adam Rooney?  He was your best striker last year but has been a backup so far to start the season.  Certainly he's got to be better than Jayden Stockley

Quesiton for Aberdeen fans, is something wrong with Adam Rooney?  He was your best striker last year but has been a backup so far to start the season.  Certainly he's got to be better than Jayden Stockley

Stockley is better at holding up the ball, Rooney does little aside from scoring, so although he's the better player, Stockley brings something else. But not having him in the line-up is a complete surprise. Top scorer for a few years running now. He has suffered a bit from losing the service of Hayes and McGinn but unless he's injured that's a big call.

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

Stockley is better at holding up the ball, Rooney does little aside from scoring, so although he's the better player, Stockley brings something else. But not having him in the line-up is a complete surprise. Top scorer for a few years running now. He has suffered a bit from losing the service of Hayes and McGinn but unless he's injured that's a big call.

OK, Stockley may be better at holding up the ball but you still need someone who can score goals.  Having a big, ball holding centre forward like Stockley playing as a lone striker seems a bit daft to me, Aberdeen were a much better team going forward in the last game once he was subbed.

Archived