The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

The San Siro is ace, went for a Scotland game in 2005. 

Some outrageous teams there again before the Groups, Milan and PSV ffs. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/4/2017 at 11:39, Alex_14 said:

I know Milan's a shit hole but an away day to the San Siro sounds like a hoot

I fair enjoyed a trip to Milan last year. Cheap flights from Edinburgh too!

A few challenging but beatable teams at the bottom and money-spinners at the top, win-win.  

Honestly, I don't think there's a single team on that list that the Dons would start as favourites to win.

There's a few Aberdeen are capable of getting past but they will probably need to be at their best.

Curious who Aberdeen fans think they would beat on the list though?

Honestly, I don't think there's a single team on that list that the Dons would start as favourites to win.

There's a few Aberdeen are capable of getting past but they will probably need to be at their best.

Curious who Aberdeen fans think they would beat on the list though?

Mlada Boleslav

Mlada Boleslav

Possibly, although Czech teams are rarely pushovers, finished fourth behind Sparta and Slavia Prague and Victoria Plzen so it would be far from a given.

Top Czech teams regularly make the CL group stages.

Possibly, although Czech teams are rarely pushovers, finished fourth behind Sparta and Slavia Prague and Victoria Plzen so it would be far from a given.

Top Czech teams regularly make the CL group stages.

We've beaten Groningen and Rijeka and we're unlucky against Maribor last season. A lot of teams on that list are of similar standard to the teams above so I don't think we're wrong to say those ties would be winnable.

We've beaten Groningen and Rijeka and we're unlucky against Maribor last season. A lot of teams on that list are of similar standard to the teams above so I don't think we're wrong to say those ties would be winnable.

You should have beaten Maribor last year. It was fucking outrageous that Rooneys goal never stood.

It was a sore one that game. 

Quite a sickener that they've put out us, you, Celtic, and Rangers in recent years. Obviously it was funny with the Glasgow 2 but it's shocking that they've came to Scotland four tiles and went through every time.

We were outclassed by them when we played then although we never helped ourselves by leaving Riordan and Stokes on the bench in favour of Colin Nish over in Slovenia. Aberdeen should have beaten them though.

15 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Mlada Boleslav

Mladá have been a decent team for a while now in the Czech league and haven't been lower than 4th in the past four seasons. They have, however, not realised their potential in Europe whatsoever as compared to some other teams such as Slovan Liberec or even Jablonec.

If we do end up drawing a Czech team I'd be happy to show some dandies around the place, it's a great country and back there full-time in a few weeks. 

hmmm. would sooner say Helsinki than the Czech lot.

Those teams are not fully confirmed as a couple of upsets in QR1 would put another couple of teams with lower coefficient into the seeded pot

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2017 at 17:44, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

These are our potential opponents should we get through QR2:

DBaMUfcXoAAqlQ6.jpg

Exciting/terrifying. Some potentially great away trips though.

I presume the shaded team are in earlier rounds? So potential for a shock or two letting in weaker sides?

Archived