Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

So the perpetrator of the act for Ross County should not be dealt with by the authorities if the ref makes an arse of it? I think most football fans would agree it should be looked at retrospectively.

Divers need to be held to account. Preferably during the game where they get caught and booked (see Hopkirk) but if it is missed retrospective punishment needs to apply.

Falkirk player took a dive, got away with it and was punished retrospectively, not sure how anybody can think it should just get ignored if evidence exists. It just encourages folk to fling themselves to the ground. Surely nobody wants that.

There has to be proper processes involved in this though. If your using video evidence then you do it for every game at least in that division you don't punish some and let others off with it because the club their up against won't grass them off to the sfa. I wonder if dunfermline had gone on to win the game anyway whether there would have been the same furore over the whole incident. It's only fair if every club in the division has video coverage and if the compliance officer watches every game otherwise your picking and choosing who you punish.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did your parents not teach you not to tell tales ??

They taught me that when a man falls over in a box he must be brought to justice. I feel I did the right thing. 

This ban helps us how exactly? He will be back for the playoffs rested while we were cheated out of a potential playoff place. Also should that ref and linesman be banned? This makes no sense and isn't really a punishment to anyone.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I believe the SFA asked for all footage that we had of the incident. The referee was aware that something had happened, but no officials had seen. This was then included in his match report. The SFA then asked for any footage that we had of the incident. We were not going to actively seek any retrospective action for this, as it had no impact on the result. However, we were not going to refuse the SFA's request.

That's definitely not the case for the Falkirk incident though. I can understand Falkirk fans' criticism of the way we have dealt with this, but would also add that justice has been done. This may encourage other clubs to do the same, in instances like this. Until diving is punished regularly, it's not going to stop. I believe that the SFA only look at these issues if it is a dive that has won a penalty and/or got a player red carded. For what it's worth, I would argue that diving, in an attempt to get an opponent sent off should be a red card at the time as well.

We're also guilty of diving. Cardle and McMullan regularly go down far too easily in the box. Pretty sure Moffat was booked for diving at Ayr last season. We're not as innocent as a lot of our fans' rage here would suggest. Nowhere near it. Hippolyte was successful with his dive and will happily accept his ban, knowing it helped them beat us and he'll be fresh for the playoffs. No worse than a player blocking a shot with their hands, when it's going in. I doubt that would cause such outrage on here.

My frustration is with the referee. If he wasn't in a position to see if it was Murdoch or Hippolyte that played the ball, then he wasn't in a position to be able to give a penalty. As I said earlier though, he was just really poor in general, and I do not believe he was biased or cheating in any way.

Do you think your goalkeepers actions towards the referee were justified? Just interested in your opinion.

So he is rested against qots. Great that totally helps us too. We are the victims here and get nothing back. The sfa, the ref have been shown to be incompetent and falkirk cheated us out of three points and a red card that wouldn't have happened. We should get three points and dickhead should be banned for the rest of the season including playoffs.

Were you realistically going to catch Morton?? This cheated out of a play off place as if it was the last game of the season and Morton got fourth on goal difference is a bit far fetched. You are fifth and that's where you would have finished regardless of the result against us. The chances are we would have equalised anyway on Saturday taking the penalty out of the equation!!

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

So he is rested against qots. Great that totally helps us too. We are the victims here and get nothing back. The sfa, the ref have been shown to be incompetent and falkirk cheated us out of three points and a red card that wouldn't have happened. We should get three points and dickhead should be banned for the rest of the season including playoffs.

I like this one. Can we keep him?

Archived