Dunfermline v Falkirk

I'm not. I just find it amusing that so many people are blinkered by this incident. The facebook page is laughable, this site isnt much better. 

Jason Cummings dived against us last season in our 1-0 home defeat at the stadium last year. He scored the penalty to win the game for Hibs. I had no problem with him at the time, I was more frustrated we couldn't break them down and win the game on our own. The referee was perhaps to blame for actually awarding the penalty but it had no real impact on the game, much like the penalty incident in this game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hypocrisy... Hmm. Was there a Fifer playing on Saturday who got booked for.. erm... diving?  Did he get a 2-match ban? 

Hopkirk. He got booked and Falkirk were awarded a free kick; no retrospective punishment required.

It really isn't that difficult understand how this works.

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

Hopkirk. He got booked and Falkirk were awarded a free kick; no retrospective punishment required.

It really isn't that difficult understand how this works.

Sarcasm too subtle for some apparently. Thought you guys were on a high, high horse about diving = cheating.  

Ergo, you have a diving cheat in your team. That's not difficult to understand either. 

I heard on Saturday evening that he admitted to diving in the tunnel after the game which led to a bit of hand bags, Johnstones after match interview seems to confirm that the guy admitted he dived too but I have no idea if Johnsone overheard it or he is taking it from word of mouth from another player or backroom staff.  It does seem like he is accepting the punishment without appeal (is there an appeals process?)

Doesn't really help us in any way now tbh so I wasn't overly fussed what happened today.

I suspect Falkirk fans will be going through streams of pars highlights now and watching numerous replays of  fouls on a pars player in the following games against us order to find one that looks remotely like a dive

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was that a live game? If so that doesn't count. I should've said who was the last player outwith the top flight and not in a live televised game to be done by the compliance officer?

Even then are you telling me that since that game no one has dived to win a penalty in the championship, league 1 or 2 and got away with it?

When we played Dunfermline earlier in the season there was a bust up between two of our players which neither referee nor linesman saw. The compliance officer then offered our player a two game suspension for sticking the head on his own player. The club highlights didn't show the incident so presumably Dunfermline handed over the footage to the SFA. Not sure who would have asked them to do that mind you

Just now, Fifes Elite Force said:

I heard on Saturday evening that he admitted to diving in the tunnel after the game which led to a bit of hand bags, Johnstones after match interview seems to confirm that the guy admitted he dived too but I have no idea if Johnsone overheard it or he is taking it from word of mouth from another player or backroom staff.  It does seem like he is accepting the punishment without appeal (is there an appeals process?)

Doesn't really help us in any way now tbh so I wasn't overly fussed what happened today

I think the point of the two match ban is that the player is offered it to save going through a more lengthy process with the possibility of a much harsher ban at the end of it.

I have no issue with players getting a two match ban for diving if that's what happened. What I have is an issue with the consistency in scottish football. What happens now do falkirk start filming our opposition at every game and submitting footage to the sfa? I remember Bobby Madden giving st Johnstone 3 penalties against falkirk thus season in twenty minutes and only one was a pen. We were told this was the new ruling and I've never seen another one this season for grappling in the box. Also refs do make mistakes where do you draw the line? We had a perfectly good winner chalked off against st mirren last week however our equaliser came from a foul on aird which was never a foul.

43 minutes ago, Trump said:

Jason Cummings dived against us last season in our 1-0 home defeat at the stadium last year. He scored the penalty to win the game for Hibs. I had no problem with him at the time, I was more frustrated we couldn't break them down and win the game on our own. The referee was perhaps to blame for actually awarding the penalty but it had no real impact on the game, much like the penalty incident in this game.

Im sure it was McGinn but aye i was the same, we played well in that match but just didnt break them down, strange how i've not seen one poster criticise their own teams second half performance. I suppose blaming one incident is better than admitting you werent good enough on the day (or in general)

Im sure it was McGinn but aye i was the same, we played well in that match but just didnt break them down, strange how i've not seen one poster criticise their own teams second half performance. I suppose blaming one incident is better than admitting you werent good enough on the day (or in general)

It was McGinn, my apologies. It's an easy cop out for most teams to blame someone else.

No issue with the ban. It's (probably) deserved and while as fans none of us like to see players diving, if it benefits our team we'll take it.

If somebody had turned to me at halftime and offered us a victory in exchange for Hippo getting a two game suspension I would have bitten your hand off for it.

33 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I suspect Falkirk fans will be going through streams of pars highlights now and watching numerous replays of  fouls on a pars player in the following games against us order to find one that looks remotely like a dive

Naw m8, we couldn't give a toss. Regarding the SFA: precedent set, duly noted.

Archived