Dunfermline v Falkirk

27 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

A 2 match ban for a substitute is a simple price to pay for the absolute glorious scenes that this has caused. Would take this four times a year every year if given the chance.

Get your chance next year

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've looked at it a number of times and I cant say I'm a 100% convinced from the footage available its a dive. If we had better footage then it would be a lot clearer especially if it came from the other side or behind the goals. Certainly if its a dive its nowhere near the worst I've ever seen as at least there is contact there. Still as far as I'm concerned we're now paying aswell for a referee making a cockup . I still want to know why if the ref doesnt buy it its a yellow card but if he does buy it its a 2 game suspension. Why is it not simply a yellow card ?

They will also have used the footage from our go-pro behind the goals. This is an HD camera, so will produce quality images. Probably the best view of the incident as well. The view that you would have got from this is used for a replay of our goal, in our highlights. We also have other cameras set up for training purposes, and I don't know if any of that will have captured the incident, or whether they would be used in this case.

The SFA have previously used our footage from behind the goal, which we never use in our highlights for anything but our goals, to take action against a Dumbarton player who head butted his own teammate. On that occasion, the SFA requested the footage, as the referee knew something had happened, but no officials had seen it. We had a camera in the away stand that day, but couldn't set that up on Saturday, as the stand was too busy.

Can we please just put this behind us? What happened has happened. We lost, Falkirk won. There was (about 20 pages back now) talk of Falkirk players who will be out of contract. Their fans were unsure on whether they deserve a new deal or not. Most of the players listed I thought 'he would be a great signing for us' - that's the current gap between the sides. Yes, we competed well until the penalty, but look at what they were able to bring off the bench. The subs changed the game just as much as the decisions - remember Hippolyte was a sub, as was Austin who scored the second. We had Spence, Williamson, Hutton and Reilly - none of whom would be good enough for the Falkirk reserves! As a squad, Falkirk are miles ahead of us. We need to add depth to or squad and different options, that will be able to change games.

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

I honestly don't have a problem with it whatsoever, it's part of the game. It's up to the referee to notice it and punish players for it should they wish. I see it on a par (pardon the pun) with a player deliberately fouling an opposition player whilst they are on a counter attack, and get a booking for it. If you don't like it, maybe go watch rugby or something.

ok you think cheating is acceptable and part of the game....Cool as f**k. 

Utterly farcical. I'm disappointed that we haven't stood up for our player on the evidence of pretty poor single camera tv footage as I'm sure if we'd got our lawyers on the case we could've got him off a la hibs. Especially if its the agrieved clubs footage that is being used. Can you see that being used as evidence  in any proper court case?. Unfortunately its too much of a risk with the playoffs coming up.  I wouldn't like to be the compliance officer having now to sift through every minute of every match on a weekend  that has any kind of tv coverage to try and see whether anyone has dived. 

Believe the seethe.

On balance I think you got a good deal. 3 points, and allow a key player to be rested just long enough for play offs. Not a real sanction is it. So dry your eyes min.

2 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

On balance I think you got a good deal. 3 points, and allow a key player to be rested just long enough for play offs. Not a real sanction is it. So dry your eyes min.

Aye this.

although he's not been a key player in a while now. 

Looked like a pretty clear dive to me. Two match suspension deserved, however I do find it unfair that it would only have been a booking at the time.

On the other hand the seethe of the Dunfermline support is truly wonderful at times. Reminds me of the start of last season.

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Any idea who was the last player outwith the top flight to get done with this by the compliance officer? League games only obviously.

Fraser Fyvie for Hibs in December 2015 against the Rangers

Two game ban is perfectly reasonable. I don't see the issue with it, unless people think we should be allowed to specify exactly what games the bans must be served for.

At the risk of repeating myself, it didn't cost us the game. It was the equaliser. We still could have went on to win the game. The penalty didn't allow the Falkirk player to make a run and put in a cross unopposed, and the penalty didn't cause Austin to get between two defenders to score the winner.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Define cheating? It's not as if he two footed tackled someone to break their leg, players try and gain advantages all the time. Amazed at how angry you seem to be about all of this.

I'm not. I just find it amusing that so many people are blinkered by this incident. The facebook page is laughable, this site isnt much better. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Fraser Fyvie for Hibs in December 2015 against the Rangers

Was that a live game? If so that doesn't count. I should've said who was the last player outwith the top flight and not in a live televised game to be done by the compliance officer?

Even then are you telling me that since that game no one has dived to win a penalty in the championship, league 1 or 2 and got away with it?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was that a live game? If so that doesn't count. I should've said who was the last player outwith the top flight and not in a live televised game to be done by the compliance officer?

Even then are you telling me that since that game no one has dived to win a penalty in the championship, league 1 or 2 and got away with it?

Well, presumably it's only been highlighted because Dunfermline whined about it. 

21 hours ago, keithgy said:

18121714_1681460635480772_5908563195320921991_o.jpg

Beaten to the ball (only video replay confirms). Penalty given instead of corner. That'll be a 2 match ban for the attacking player:-SFA

What was the punishment for the match officials who got it wrong & also didn't know you can't be offside from a goal kick?

Archived