Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Yep although this was originally from a Dunfermline fan on twitter.

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Dont have the tools at hand to sort that at the moment and used what I have

Odd. 

17 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There has to be proper processes involved in this though. If your using video evidence then you do it for every game at least in that division you don't punish some and let others off with it because the club their up against won't grass them off to the sfa. I wonder if dunfermline had gone on to win the game anyway whether there would have been the same furore over the whole incident. It's only fair if every club in the division has video coverage and if the compliance officer watches every game otherwise your picking and choosing who you punish.

On this point, according to a Q&A with the head of referees, this pretty much already happens. I'd imagine they'll look at any game where there are contentious issues like red cards, penalties, etc and any games where the referee's report has suggested there is something worth looking at any regain.  

Q. The Referee Operations Department has a role to play in a number of compliance matters, such as Disciplinary Rule 200, which deals with misconduct by a player in a match not witnessed by a referee. Can you give an overview of how this works?

JF: Match incidents can be referred to the Compliance Officer by any means and if there is a potential rule breach that involves advice on the Laws of the Game, then the Compliance Officer will meet with me. As the Head of Referee Operations at the Scottish FA, I will review any video footage we have and advise. It is then the responsibility of the Compliance Officer to raise a notice of complaint, if he deems appropriate and has enough evidence.

Q. There is a criticism that not all matches that come under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA are watched. How much analysis is done?

A. More matches than ever before are being filmed in Scotland and sent into us . There are a host of TV cameras at every SPFL Premiership match, plus the cameras the clubs use. We also have access to TV and club footage of Championship, League One and League Two matches. Beyond that, we can access games filmed in the Scottish Highland Football League, the Lowland League, etc. We watch as many matches as we can over the weekend and footage is sent into us from all quarters. The great thing about having so much footage available to us is how we can use it for educational purposes, like at this week’s training camp.

12 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Houston pointedly added: “We have taken 10 points from 12 against Dunfermline this season and I would suggest it could have been 12 if not for a debatable penalty given against Tom Taiwo in December. But we didn’t complain about it and greet like babies.”

Fantastic stuff!

Didn't he say something at the time about how we were never looking like scoring and that the referee was desperate to give us something? Maybe not greeting but certainly there were a lot of complaints. He does have history with refs though, doesn't he? Tends to go down the Wenger route when he benefits and claims that he's a victim whenever they go against him. Anyway, hopefully the ban will end this now and we can go back to the football.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There are a host of TV cameras at every SPFL Premiership match, plus the cameras the clubs use. We also have access to TV and club footage of Championship, League One and League Two matches. Beyond that, we can access games filmed in the Scottish Highland Football League, the Lowland League, etc. We watch as many matches as we can over the weekend

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the wording doesn't suggest they get footage of every match from the Championship.

Not to the media, the SFA, UEFA, FIFA, or anyone else who might be daft enough to listen they didn't.

Geggan is a total greeting w*nk, IMO.

To be fair, your manager went to the media complaining that he thought Geggan should have been sent off in the Boxing Day match, and accused the referee of helping us.

60acd7a8185935087fee43c355657988.jpg

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, your manager went to the media complaining that he thought Geggan should have been sent off in the Boxing Day match, and accused the referee of helping us.

Brilliant.

At least he didn't complain about it.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

On this point, according to a Q&A with the head of referees, this pretty much already happens. I'd imagine they'll look at any game where there are contentious issues like red cards, penalties, etc and any games where the referee's report has suggested there is something worth looking at any regain.  

Q. The Referee Operations Department has a role to play in a number of compliance matters, such as Disciplinary Rule 200, which deals with misconduct by a player in a match not witnessed by a referee. Can you give an overview of how this works?

JF: Match incidents can be referred to the Compliance Officer by any means and if there is a potential rule breach that involves advice on the Laws of the Game, then the Compliance Officer will meet with me. As the Head of Referee Operations at the Scottish FA, I will review any video footage we have and advise. It is then the responsibility of the Compliance Officer to raise a notice of complaint, if he deems appropriate and has enough evidence.

Q. There is a criticism that not all matches that come under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA are watched. How much analysis is done?

A. More matches than ever before are being filmed in Scotland and sent into us . There are a host of TV cameras at every SPFL Premiership match, plus the cameras the clubs use. We also have access to TV and club footage of Championship, League One and League Two matches. Beyond that, we can access games filmed in the Scottish Highland Football League, the Lowland League, etc. We watch as many matches as we can over the weekend and footage is sent into us from all quarters. The great thing about having so much footage available to us is how we can use it for educational purposes, like at this week’s training camp.

Didn't he say something at the time about how we were never looking like scoring and that the referee was desperate to give us something? Maybe not greeting but certainly there were a lot of complaints. He does have history with refs though, doesn't he? Tends to go down the Wenger route when he benefits and claims that he's a victim whenever they go against him. Anyway, hopefully the ban will end this now and we can go back to the football.

The fact that most of us are unaware of any other championship or lower league player that has ever been done for diving after the game unless that game has been televised live would tell you that this is basically a load of bollocks.  I will stand corrected if other players have.

I'd like to think that if we are in the same league next season that DAFC TV will not be allowed to film any footage of games at TFS after this.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The fact that most of us are unaware of any other championship or lower league player that has ever been done for diving after the game unless that game has been televised live would tell you that this is basically a load of bollocks.  I will stand corrected if other players have.

I did say about 30 pages back that we'd used our video evidence before to clear our angelic lads of wrongful red cards. Not our fault if you lot are too thick to think of doing it. You can thank us next time one of your players cheats and gets away with it and you wish to bring the matter to the authorities. This can help to ensure the good name of your club is not tarnished and that the offender is punished both by the authorities and "internally" by Houston.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I did say about 30 pages back that we'd used our video evidence before to clear our angelic lads of wrongful red cards. Not our fault if you lot are too thick to think of doing it. You can thank us next time one of your players cheats and gets away with it and you wish to bring the matter to the authorities. This can help to ensure the good name of your club is not tarnished and that the offender is punished both by the authorities and "internally" by Houston.

So I presume the next time one of your players does a hopkirk and gets away with it you'll be sending the evidence straight to the compliance officer to make sure he's punished? Its one thing doing it to get you own players off the hook but its bad patter doing it to get a fellow clubs  player banned though. I would hope that we never stoop that low.

Archived