Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So he is rested against qots. Great that totally helps us too. We are the victims here and get nothing back. The sfa, the ref have been shown to be incompetent and falkirk cheated us out of three points and a red card that wouldn't have happened. We should get three points and dickhead should be banned for the rest of the season including playoffs.

Ahhhh you were quite convincing up till now. On the wind up looking for bites, fair play bigman.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I hope is that if this precident has been set then the sfa will consistently apply it. I doubt it

The alternative being there is some sort of agenda against Falkirk? 

Notice how Falkirk fc have said that this is the matter now closed basically admitting their player cheated, teams should be docked points in these cases, only way of clamping down on diving, no question it changed the whole game the players attitude, the atmosphere inside the ground, I`m confident the pars would have went on and comfortably won the game had there not been a penalty, as for sibbald hes at his level, and a complete little w*** at the end of the game.

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I genuinely don't mind a 2 match ban for diving but if it's not consistently applied it just makes a mockery of the league for everyone

Hopkirk dived on Saturday and got a yellow. Myles dived and effectively got a retrospective red. Inconsistency all over the shop.

I dunno how to feel about this...
He deserves a two match ban at least i'd say. Him and Austin are both diving wee shites. There's no place for it in Scottish football. I'll be honest I thought it was a stonewaller behind the goals on Saturday. It wasn't until I saw the replay, I thought "holly f**k that's the worst I've ever seen".
That said, its a fucking delight it happened against those fife c***s and they're seething.  
It's a tough one...Do you slam him or build a statue 

>>>>This!

I honestly don't have a problem with it whatsoever, it's part of the game. It's up to the referee to notice it and punish players for it should they wish. I see it on a par (pardon the pun) with a player deliberately fouling an opposition player whilst they are on a counter attack, and get a booking for it. If you don't like it, maybe go watch rugby or something.

Sorry? Have morals gone out of our game completely?

I, for one, have a Big problem with diving

46 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

So the perpetrator of the act for Ross County should not be dealt with by the authorities if the ref makes an arse of it? I think most football fans would agree it should be looked at retrospectively.

Divers need to be held to account. Preferably during the game where they get caught and booked (see Hopkirk) but if it is missed retrospective punishment needs to apply.

Falkirk player took a dive, got away with it and was punished retrospectively, not sure how anybody can think it should just get ignored if evidence exists. It just encourages folk to fling themselves to the ground. Surely nobody wants that.

Nope; I said two words - 'deary me'. I didn't say that if a RC player was to dive he should not be dealt with. I did not say that divers don't need to be held to account and I'm not saying that a dive should be ignored if evidence exists. Why would saying those two words suggest to you that I would?

What I was scoffing at (two words remember) was you putting forward a totally hypothetical situation and suggesting that we would complain about it in a petulant manner. Much like you just did with your rambling pish.

And, FWIW I consider a diver to be someone who goes down without contact. There was significant contact on Hippolyte although the resultant somersault was uncalled for. I do however still feel it odd that someone looking to gain an advantage would perform a somersault to achieve it when the usual maneuver is to fall forward, legs and arms akimbo. Much like Baird did shortly afterward!

Do you think your goalkeepers actions towards the referee were justified? Just interested in your opinion.

No. I can understand his frustration, but that's no excuse. Thought he would get sent off, and couldn't have complained. You need to show officials respect, regardless of how they've performed. No place for behaviour like that in the game.

A 'tougher' ref wouldn't have hesitated to send him off. The fact he stayed on the pitch is further evidence of no bias towards Falkirk in his decisions, as that was certainly a Pars player benefitting from leniency.

17 minutes ago, Fife par said:

Notice how Falkirk fc have said that this is the matter now closed basically admitting their player cheated, teams should be docked points in these cases, only way of clamping down on diving, no question it changed the whole game the players attitude, the atmosphere inside the ground, I`m confident the pars would have went on and comfortably won the game had there not been a penalty, as for sibbald hes at his level, and a complete little w*** at the end of the game.

You defo write they pars reviews, surely hopkirk should be done aswell. as for sibbald, if he was in your squad the full team would be based around him.

Archived