Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When we played Dunfermline earlier in the season there was a bust up between two of our players which neither referee nor linesman saw. The compliance officer then offered our player a two game suspension for sticking the head on his own player. The club highlights didn't show the incident so presumably Dunfermline handed over the footage to the SFA. Not sure who would have asked them to do that mind you

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I believe the SFA asked for all footage that we had of the incident. The referee was aware that something had happened, but no officials had seen. This was then included in his match report. The SFA then asked for any footage that we had of the incident. We were not going to actively seek any retrospective action for this, as it had no impact on the result. However, we were not going to refuse the SFA's request.

That's definitely not the case for the Falkirk incident though. I can understand Falkirk fans' criticism of the way we have dealt with this, but would also add that justice has been done. This may encourage other clubs to do the same, in instances like this. Until diving is punished regularly, it's not going to stop. I believe that the SFA only look at these issues if it is a dive that has won a penalty and/or got a player red carded. For what it's worth, I would argue that diving, in an attempt to get an opponent sent off should be a red card at the time as well.

We're also guilty of diving. Cardle and McMullan regularly go down far too easily in the box. Pretty sure Moffat was booked for diving at Ayr last season. We're not as innocent as a lot of our fans' rage here would suggest. Nowhere near it. Hippolyte was successful with his dive and will happily accept his ban, knowing it helped them beat us and he'll be fresh for the playoffs. No worse than a player blocking a shot with their hands, when it's going in. I doubt that would cause such outrage on here.

My frustration is with the referee. If he wasn't in a position to see if it was Murdoch or Hippolyte that played the ball, then he wasn't in a position to be able to give a penalty. As I said earlier though, he was just really poor in general, and I do not believe he was biased or cheating in any way.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dunfermline seem to have quickly forgotten how we helped them out when they were in the shitter by not grassing them off to the SFL/SFA when they couldn't pay us the ticket money they were due us. Here they are now squealing to the bodies in charge trying to get one of our players banned. I'd hope our bod would take note and make sure we don't make the mistake of helping out a fellow club again.

needs said again

It's strange how you can "know" what you saw with your own eyes and it to look so different on a tv replay. A few seasons back our player (Falkingham) got done for diving against Cowden. Their fans crowed about what a wee cheat he was and their players crowded the ref to have him booked yet the replay and pics clearly showed their player stood on his foot and shoved him over.
Where I was sitting in the main stand on Saturday it looked a clear foul/obstruction on Hopkirk and everyone around me was spitting feathers yet all the Pars posters on here seem content that it was a dive. Most of the Falkirk posters thought it was a genuine penalty until the video started doing the rounds.
It's not as if it's the first time we've lost on conceded a penalty this season but the players lost it over the fact Falkirk's players found it funny to have cheated them. It's good to build up a bit of simmering resentment anyway. Folk were moaning beforehand that the spice had gone out of this game so hopefully with a few better players and a eye on revenge we can make this tie less of a foregone conclusion next year.

That's the spirit

It's typical piecemeal sfa. Their obviously relying on clubs to grass up players now and do their job.for them. We should now expect a rush of these over the next few weeks if they are going to be fair and consistent. 

Not often you see SFA, fair and consistent in the same post.

Andy Rodgers was the last player to incense Geggan. Geggan got sent off for a "tackle" on him next time we played. Fortunately for Hippo he's too quick for Geggan to ever get close enough to him to do any damage.

We shouldn't be encouraging clubs to grass off other teams players. After a match finished the teams should move on. Yes things happen in 90 mins but that should be the end of it. If everyone in the league has tv footage and the compliance officer wants to sift through every game to see if there are any incidents of foul play then that's one thing but we shouldn't be picking and choosing who we are punishing due to certain clubs whining about it or a media uproar.

47 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

If anything I hope this stops Hippo diving so much, he's a better player than that.

I still find it a bit strange that you get banned for the ref getting it wrong?

I suppose a counter-argument might be that he is getting banned for actively deceiving the match official(s).

By all means after the 90 minutes was finished Hippolyte was giving it big licks in the tunnel afterwards that he had dived, evidently he wasn't keen for the final whistle to be "the end of it".

You can't on one hand claim for "what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch" to take place when you have a player coming off the pitch and bragging about diving, the players of opposition club will be aggrieved by that and would want something done about it I'd imagine. These players will have had bonuses etc which will have taken a hit after the players antics. A quite unwise thing to do from Hippolyte.

We shouldn't be encouraging clubs to grass off other teams players. After a match finished the teams should move on. Yes things happen in 90 mins but that should be the end of it. If everyone in the league has tv footage and the compliance officer wants to sift through every game to see if there are any incidents of foul play then that's one thing but we shouldn't be picking and choosing who we are punishing due to certain clubs whining about it or a media uproar.

Oft.

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

By all means after the 90 minutes was finished Hippolyte was giving it big licks in the tunnel afterwards that he had dived, evidently he wasn't keen for the final whistle to be "the end of it".

You can't on one hand claim for "what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch" to take place when you have a player coming off the pitch and bragging about diving, the players of opposition club will be aggrieved by that and would want something done about it I'd imagine. These players will have had bonuses etc which will have taken a hit after the players antics. A quite unwise thing to do from Hippolyte.

I just feel it's opened up a whole can of worms. Leave the authorities to do the job their paid for. 

And a bit of banter when coming off the pitch is different from squaling to the sfa a day or so later.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

'evidently' yet you have no evidence of this actually happening.

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I suspect Falkirk fans will be going through streams of pars highlights now and watching numerous replays of  fouls on a pars player in the following games against us order to find one that looks remotely like a dive

Or we can just watch highlights from the exact same game and see your player diving and being booked for it. 

I just feel it's opened up a whole can of worms. Leave the authorities to do the job their paid for. 

As far as I'm aware Dunfermline merely uploaded the video of the incident, it was the SFA who then got in contact with Dunfermline, which is the job they are paid for surely?
'evidently' yet you have no evidence of this actually happening.

It's came out in a couple of post match interviews, seems likely enough tbh.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

As far as I'm aware Dunfermline merely uploaded the video of the incident, it was the SFA who then got in contact with Dunfermline, which is the job they are paid for surely?

It's came out in a couple of post match interviews, seems likely enough tbh.

Who were the interviews with ? I've not managed to see them yet.

Archived