Dunfermline v Falkirk

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

My initial reaction the penalty was that it was a stonewaller. Even at our end it looked as though myles got the ball first and was then took out by the keeper.

The red was correct for certain. Goal scoring opportunity for bairdy who was brought down. Got to be a red.

Your initial reaction was correct. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that was two outfield players outside the box, that's not a foul at all. Even if we ignore the dive, Murdoch goes in and palms the ball away. In the middle of the park, of 2 players go for a loose ball, Pars player gets to the ball first and Falkirk player runs into him, that's not a Falkirk free kick.

Red card looked fair enough at the time. Typical clumsy challenge from Martin. Stupidity/naivety from him. Youngsters make mistakes, if he's going to make it as a footballer, he needs to actually start learning from his!

Officials were terrible, but wouldn't argue they 'cheated' or anything. Got to remember, the same clueless bunch gave offside against Falkirk at a goal kick in the first half! Terrible decision for the penalty, he didn't see what happened and took a guess. Thought Kerr could have been off in first half, but yellow probably the right call. The referee made several poor decisions for both teams. He spoke to Baird about time wasting, 2 minutes later, Baird gave away a free kick and threw the ball away - he ignored it. Several other incidents of players from both teams being warned, and then the referee not acting on it the next time it happened. Don't think he was a strong enough character for that game!

Dunfermline fans saying one of our players was spat on near the tunnel.

Something definitely happened with Peter Grant in the tunnel. Obviously we were at the opposite end of the stadium but I've never seen him react like that before he was having to be held back and restrained.

Lucky there wasn't a riot with the way the Falkirk players were winding up our fans. Sums them up, to cheat to a win then celebrate it.

Ken. Imagine celebrating a win. GIRUY.

Kerr's tackle was never a red. 
Late and reckless though. Stick on yellow card. 

Tbh if Kerr had got sent off for that I don't think we could've complained too much was a pretty poor tackle.

My initial reaction to the penalty was ...

YOU DIRTY WEE CHEATING c**t b*****d REF YOU ARE A FUCKING FANNY YOU CHEATING c**t f**k OFF. 

Having had time to calm down my reaction is pretty much the same.

I can't complain about Martin's red card but Hopkirk was fouled in the second half and I thought it could've been red as he'd have had a clear sight of goal from 18 yards. The tackle on Geggan in the first half was grim - could have been an ankle breaker and a wee bit lucky with the yellow. Late and nowhere near the ball. 

Saying that, there comes a point where our players can't do much more. The league table doesn't lie and we're a middling team with some talented players with limited mental capacity and some limited players with great attitudes. Second Falkirk goal typifies that. Good ball in and fine header but a better keeper or central defender would have dealt with it.

If that was two outfield players outside the box, that's not a foul at all. Even if we ignore the dive, Murdoch goes in and palms the ball away. In the middle of the park, of 2 players go for a loose ball, Pars player gets to the ball first and Falkirk player runs into him, that's not a Falkirk free kick.

It really is that simple. I just don't understand how the officials fucked that up so badly, the linesman has an absolute clear view of it as well.

They have the same 'decision' to make dozens of times a game, if they can't get such basics right we have no hope.

Guest Back Post Misses

The manufactured Derby seems to be cause some angst on the Shitey side of the Forth. The seeth at full time was a sight to behold - glorious. Jimmy85 how was the shopping?

26 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

My initial thought was that Ashcroft was covering and with the ball being in the air that Baird had rather intelligently got himself "tangled" with Martin, that may yet prove to be nonsense.

tbh i thought at the time baird won the free kick and was surprised with the red, although he was clean through.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

AJ says Hippo caused the tunnel rumpus by bragging about diving for the penalty.

obviuosly hippo believed the hype about there being no rivalry, it was a nothing game for you guys.

5 minutes ago, spratte said:

obviuosly hippo believed the hype about there being no rivalry, it was a nothing game for you guys.

I'm not one of the fans trying to rewrite history. Falkirk was always the biggest rivalry IMO. Raith are a wee team from a town that prefers ice hockey. It's amusing to spank them so often. The Falkirk rivalry has dimmed as it's so long since we've competed at the same end of a league table.

Martin every fucking time too. What a ridiculous sub.

AJ better get his substitutions sorted though. I'm beginning to question his competence at this level.

Good luck to Falkirk. 

What substitutions would you two have done differently?

Will take the 3 points all day long.

They lost the plot in the 2nd half.Higginbotham is a horrible wee man and Wedderburn, with all due respect, is a terrible, slow footballer.

Wedderburn did - what I imagine - was asked of him. He was a central midfielder filling in a make-shift back four, what did he do wrong?

Their fans are a sad lot. Met one in the chippy at Halbeath after the game. Silly auld fart with a pair of school style trousers on. He was desperate for an argument about the game. A seething mess.

Didn't happen IMO.

A lot of bitter people tonight.

Because you had to cheat to beat us. That's maybe why it's leaving a bitter taste IMO.

Don't see what all the complaints are about that's one iffy pen each at east end this season so everything evens out apart from of course the fact that we've now beaten u 18 times at east end compared to 17 wins for the pars. A highly embarrassing home record for this fixture.

Last game's one was a clear hand ball, today's was a blatant dive tbh.

I've seen far worse 'penalties' awarded this season tbf

That abortion Dunfermline got in the last game at EEP springs to mind 

See above.

Archived