Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know exactly where it's going it's going to the club. In the same way you don't know where your money for your season ticket goes. What we get back is a more competitive team on the park and a better run club, you also have the lifeline draw every month where 10?fans get a variety of prizes including a reasonable cash reward.

We have volunteers working for the club, they'll be getting "nothing" from it outwith helping the club, they seem happy enough.

It's not ring fenced for anything, it's upto the club to do whatever they want with it, fact is though the more money the club has the more money they'll be able to put towards the playing budget, if that means the money is used to fix a leak in in the roof then that's perfectly fine, do you want your season ticket, programme, bovril and pie money to go on nothing but players?

It doesn't matter if the club is running at a loss without it, fact is they do have it and are running at a profit with it, it's a revenue stream, the club should spend it. I'll say again, should we just put the money in and hope for it to be sitting in the end of years account to make them look better? Genuinely what is the point?

You're either a troll or genuinely thick as f**k, I'm more inclined to go with the second option.

How many club lotteries at this level are crucial to the every day running of the club like.  To be honest I can see some benefits of having a ringfenced fund that fans can pay into which is used only and I mean only to boost the playing budget. It should be totally separate though from the day to day running costs .

How many club lotteries at this level are crucial to the every day running of the club like.  To be honest I can see some benefits of having a ringfenced fund that fans can pay into which is used only and I mean only to boost the playing budget. It should be totally separate though from the day to day running costs .

?

You're either a troll or genuinely thick as f**k, I'm more inclined to go with the second option.

The latter it is then.

So what happens if u have a shit season and folk think feck that I'm not paying that cash any more . If your relying on it then that's going to give you problems.

I mean we're talking 200k a year here. Without that a few grand profit is suddenly a sizeable loss.

Can't see the problem with supporters investing any money they can in the club. If that keeps them afloat, well done the fans.

As a matter of interest, do you get any shares or anything in return for your investment? I do recollect a scheme a few years ago at Falkirk where you payed a monthly fee for shares. Just come across the certificates last week although I would never dream of selling them. But it does at least feel like I got a part of the club in return...even if it's peanuts.

So what happens if u have a shit season and folk think feck that I'm not paying that cash any more . If your relying on it then that's going to give you problems.

I mean we're talking 200k a year here. Without that a few grand profit is suddenly a sizeable loss.

Then we spend less. This really, really, really isn't hard to grasp.

But Raith are not purely run on boards handouts as you put it

Where's all your debts came from in the past few years then? Run at a loss 2,3 years in a row?

Much the same way as your debt accumulated under Masterton.Unfortunately were still suffering from the west coasters running of the club.Which resulted in having to sell the ground etc etc.We still try to service any debt,and there's no other way out

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Then we spend less. This really, really, really isn't hard to grasp.

Where's all your debts came from in the past few years then? Run at a loss 2,3 years in a row?

At the moment your not seeing much for your cash. I'd hate to think what kind of side you would be putting out with even less cash available. 

50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So similar to the way gate receipts would be smaller after a "shit season"? A situation which the vast majority of football clubs on the planet could be in. 

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At the moment your not seeing much for your cash. I'd hate to think what kind of side you would be putting out with even less cash available. 

It's our first season back at this level since admin. We've played in the third tier of Scottish football for 3 seasons. Did you seriously believe we'd be up where Falkirk are right now? 

We have a fantastically run club and our club is very engaging with the community. The aim was always consolidating our place back in the Championship and if we gained anything more, it'd be a bonus. We aren't too far away from the play-offs. I'd call that a successful season back. 

Is horrible when owners run a club into the ground, we had it with the deans and Fulton, there's only so much ordinary fans can do. As for the game, I hope we turn up this time as the last time we went to East end we played as bad as i've seen us this season. If we play I think we'll win a close game.

One last point, I don't really get the hate Fife/dunfermline etc...that we do, they're big rivals but to me no worse than Partick, motherwell or killie, even st mirren. The two teams that get me are the big Glasgow teams, they take bus loads of support away from falkirk every week, they're the ones whose fans patronise everyone else, who are in the pubs, workplaces, schools beside us with their sectarian crap. They're the ones us, the pars and every other local team should despise.

Last season, we got £105,500 prize money from the SPFL. Falkirk got £400,900 plus play-off income. Raith Rovers got £274,300.

This means that, excluding other incomes (season tickets, merchandise etc) the £170k from our lifeline fund would make our income similar to that of Raith and well below Falkirk's.

Can you explain why this means we should be putting out a team of the same quality as Falkirk? Particularly when you account for crowd sizes (as Falkirk fans love to do), your budget will be much larger.

Finishing 5th is pretty good for our first season back and it's only next season that our lifeline scheme should provide give us 'extra' cash, when compared to the mid-table teams in this league.

We have also had a large expenditure building a new gym this season - we have no credit facility, so this has to be paid for in full, along with a large expenditure on stadium repairs. This information is all in the public domain, in a statement by the club at the release of financial statements. Again, this defeats your garbage about not knowing where our money's going. But why let facts get in the way of your pathetic argument?

It's also blatantly obvious that if people stopped paying their money, the budget would be cut. As has been made clear by our board (on numerous occasions), we have no credit facilities, which means that is our only option.

Archived