The Dundee Manager Monorail

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

What else can the Dees do in fairness?  The are understandably delighted at seeing the back of Hartley but I doubt there's a single one who's thinking "Neil McCann, yeah that's exactly what I wanted".

He was my first and only choice.

Dundee have lost their last 7 games and weren't looking like winning anytime soon. ANYONE in in place of Hartley is better than losing the last 5. McCann wouldn't have been my choice but it might just work, worth a gamble.

Exactly this. Unusual that you're not sticking the boot in. What have you done with tree house tam?

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He was my first and only choice.

Yeah, I should have said in my post "Dees who are not complete and utter fucknuggets like Dee Man."  I apologise for the oversight, I will try harder in future.

I suppose to put things in perspective a bit, Bomber Brown came in and managed to get 6 points from his first 5 games, which included games against Celtic at Parkhead, St Johnstone and Dundee United at Tannadice.

McCann has an easier run than that and I think that team was worse than this one. I'd be lying if I was to say I'm confident, but stranger things have happened. A good result against Motherwell and the mood around the club will completely change.

Dundee will be fine regardless of who is in charge anyway. The team finishing 11th will piss the play offs. 

Morton have shat the bed, Falkirk will roll over and have their tummy tickled like last time and Dundee Utd are utter shite. 

Edited by Jimmy85
Numbers eh

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Exactly this. Unusual that you're not sticking the boot in. What have you done with tree house tam?

30 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

There's definitely an ulterior motive with that post

You know when you get a bit bored of pointing and laughing(like we all are of the arabs). I've reached that point with Dundee.

Until McCann makes a monumental f**k up of it, I might pop back in then.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, I should have said in my post "Dees who are not complete and utter fucknuggets like Dee Man."  I apologise for the oversight, I will try harder in future.

How rude.

I wonder how the meeting with the players went? Look lads is this all goes Pete Tong I'm going back to my job at Sky fairly unscathed. You motherfuçers on the other hand are literally playing for your jobs. So it's up to you, get stuck right in or it's a one way ticket to Peterhead or some other utter shitehole.

49 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I wonder how the meeting with the players went? Look lads is this all goes Pete Tong I'm going back to my job at Sky fairly unscathed. You motherfuçers on the other hand are literally playing for your jobs. So it's up to you, get stuck right in or it's a one way ticket to Peterhead or some other utter shitehole.

Inspiring because it's true.

Edited by The Algebraist

If it was me, I'd walk in to training and gather them all round. I'd then bring out James McPake and his robot leg and get him to roundhouse kick Tom Hateley with it. As Tom's body is being dragged away I'd tell them for every week we go without a win, two players will die. It that doesn't motivate them nothing will.

"Lads, the name's Neil McCann, not Neil McCannot. Think about that. Also, if any of you were born in Edinburgh in the mid-to-late 90s there's a 87% statistical chance I'm your dad. Get out there and do it for your old man."

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

McCann needs Papa Shango to appear at the training ground, casually whip it out, and threaten any shirkers with ceremonial 'death by bungay'. 

8-0 victories the rest of the way.

I took a moment to consider Papa Shango's voodoo penis there, Boo. I haven't done that in weeks.

Thank you for the reminder.