The Dundee Manager Monorail

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

It's very important we have a handsome young sharply dressed man in charge after Hartley's scruffy demeanour.

Anyway, Scottish football fans are always going on about how it's the boring usual suspects in the managerial merry-go-round and now that we've got a brave, leftfield appointment in they are quick to stick the boot in. Hearts broke the mould by getting Ian Cathro in and that's been a roaring success so I think we'll be alright.

Can't argue with that. 

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I'm loving how he's getting the blame for all of Dunfermline's woes when he was the assistant as if he was the man who had the final say. I'm pretty sure it's the manager who makes the major decisions. I'm happy to be corrected on that.

He made Jim Jefferies look wise and serene. At least if he doesn't keep you up you can guarantee he'll banjo an opposition manager on the touchline at some point. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nahhhhhhhhhhh...

Denial

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k up.

Anger

You know what, having had time to think about it, I'm all for it. It's suitably batshit mental as we tend to be as a club but if he pulls it off and keeps us in the league he suddenly looks like a big up and coming manager.

It's high risk, high reward.

And if as everyone expects right now, he's absolutely guff then it'll be John Nelms that'll have been made to look silly.

Bargaining 

I genuinely don't know how to feel about that. I can tell you I don't think he's the man for the crunch 5 games but...

Depression 

I'm just happy it's not Stubbs.

Acceptance 

Archived