The Dundee Manager Monorail

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be admitted that the appointment of McCann was an unusual one,but it seems to have worked. Looks like he's given them the kick up the arse that was required.

Couple of questions;

Do you think McCann is tactically very good, good at motivating, just a new manager bounce or all 3?

If he keeps us up, do we want him to stay and do you think he will want to stay?

I think all 3 for the first one, he clearly does his homework and knows how to work the team.

I want him to stay on although I think he will go back to his media roll.

Couple of questions;
Do you think McCann is tactically very good, good at motivating, just a new manager bounce or all 3?
If he keeps us up, do we want him to stay and do you think he will want to stay?
I think all 3 for the first one, he clearly does his homework and knows how to work the team.

I wasn't there today but he seems to be tactically spot on. I was there last week and you could see him changing tactics mid way through the game when Motherwell were getting joy down a certain side or through the middle. I read one of his interviews before the game saying he'd change today's lineup to suit Killie's weaknesses instead of keeping a winning team.

The players have came out and said in the press that he's lifted spirits so yeah you could say he's a good motivator.

Too early to say if it's the new manager bounce or not. Results and performances in the next three games will decide this.

Even if we win the rest of his games I don't think I'd be comfortable with him being in charge next season, purely because we don't know whether or not this is him being brilliant or simply 'the new manager bounce' and this season's been enough of a scare without doing it all over again. He'd deserve some kind of role though and I'd be happy for him to be assistant and learn off someone with experience.

A Dundee supporter has put a post up on facebook declaring 'where are all the Mccann doubters now'?

The first reply was from a lassie who thought they had found Maddie....

[emoji38]

31 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Couple of questions;

I'll go for tactically very good. 

Has guys playing playing in their natural positions and we're now using the dimensions of the pitch instead of trying to walk the ball through the middle of the park all the time. 

4 goals in 2 games from crosses. Under Hartley we wouldn't have 4 crosses in those games. 

10 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Even if we win the rest of his games I don't think I'd be comfortable with him being in charge next season, purely because we don't know whether or not this is him being brilliant or simply 'the new manager bounce' and this season's been enough of a scare without doing it all over again. He'd deserve some kind of role though and I'd be happy for him to be assistant and learn off someone with experience.

At this stage I'd be more than happy for him to be given the role. We were looking doomed so if we do stay up he deserves his chance. He is making the most of what he has and with a couple of new signings (and I'd trust him more than the more experienced Hartley) I think we could do alright next season

Archived