The Dundee Manager Monorail

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This thread proves that a Scottish club could appoint anyone or anything and supporters will still strive to see the positives.

It's a beautiful thing.

What else can the Dees do in fairness?  The are understandably delighted at seeing the back of Hartley but I doubt there's a single one who's thinking "Neil McCann, yeah that's exactly what I wanted".

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What else can the Dees do in fairness?  The are understandably delighted at seeing the back of Hartley but I doubt there's a single one who's thinking "Neil McCann, yeah that's exactly what I wanted".

Pretty much this.

He was already affectionately remembered as a player before the Deefiant reappearance but can't see many that wanted him to replace PH.

I wanted someone to come in and keep us up, nothing more. Pointless looking any further ahead right now.

I think Jocky would have had the best chance at that.

Obvious that PH had lost the dressing room but I am just not sure Neil McCann is the type of personality to turn it round, no matter now. All Dees need to get behind him.

8 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Bit gutted that he's not taken Sky Sports colleague Andy Walker with him. Purely so I never have to listen to his shite commentary again.

Could they not appoint David Tanner as a Director of Football or something whilst they're at it?

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have to say really happy with how Nelms has handled this. Regardless of what you think of his choice of appointment. He's been respectful of Hartley, he's done it the right way, he's moved swiftly, he's acted with class and he's also introduced Neil McCann with, 'He's blue, he's white... Neil McCann'.

I particularly like how he said that he doesn't know if sacking Hartley was the right decision and that only time will tell rather than one of those chairman that would say they're right 100% of the time and that they're infallible.

I also like that he knows he's put his neck on the block in terms of not only the fans, but his reputation in general with this appointment.

CHKb0FSUwAIZqy5.jpg

Don't see the problem, we all know master tactician pundits turn out to be great mangers..
valencia-gary-neville-manager-la-liga_3388073.jpg?20151213164334
..oh wait, nvm 

To be fair Valencia was fecked before they got there and after they left was just unlucky they couldn't stop the rot

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He was my first and only choice.

Dundee have lost their last 7 games and weren't looking like winning anytime soon. ANYONE in in place of Hartley is better than losing the last 5. McCann wouldn't have been my choice but it might just work, worth a gamble.

Exactly this. Unusual that you're not sticking the boot in. What have you done with tree house tam?

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He was my first and only choice.

Yeah, I should have said in my post "Dees who are not complete and utter fucknuggets like Dee Man."  I apologise for the oversight, I will try harder in future.

I suppose to put things in perspective a bit, Bomber Brown came in and managed to get 6 points from his first 5 games, which included games against Celtic at Parkhead, St Johnstone and Dundee United at Tannadice.

McCann has an easier run than that and I think that team was worse than this one. I'd be lying if I was to say I'm confident, but stranger things have happened. A good result against Motherwell and the mood around the club will completely change.

Dundee will be fine regardless of who is in charge anyway. The team finishing 11th will piss the play offs. 

Morton have shat the bed, Falkirk will roll over and have their tummy tickled like last time and Dundee Utd are utter shite. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Exactly this. Unusual that you're not sticking the boot in. What have you done with tree house tam?

30 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

There's definitely an ulterior motive with that post

You know when you get a bit bored of pointing and laughing(like we all are of the arabs). I've reached that point with Dundee.

Until McCann makes a monumental f**k up of it, I might pop back in then.

Archived