The Dundee Manager Monorail

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Any truth in a few of the rumours going about that this is partly sponsored by Sky who will have cameras following him around while he manages at Dens? Apparently some sort of documentary to be aired in the summer.

images (89).jpg

Have to say really happy with how Nelms has handled this. Regardless of what you think of his choice of appointment. He's been respectful of Hartley, he's done it the right way, he's moved swiftly, he's acted with class and he's also introduced Neil McCann with, 'He's blue, he's white... Neil McCann'.

I particularly like how he said that he doesn't know if sacking Hartley was the right decision and that only time will tell rather than one of those chairman that would say they're right 100% of the time and that they're infallible.

I also like that he knows he's put his neck on the block in terms of not only the fans, but his reputation in general with this appointment.

Never change.

Any truth in a few of the rumours going about that this is partly sponsored by Sky who will have cameras following him around while he manages at Dens? Apparently some sort of documentary to be aired in the summer.

Magic. Some Neil Warnock type rages. The cameras will be there as Blair Nimmo arrives.

At Tannadice.

Any word on the fate of the inspirational quotes Hartley had painted in the dressing room?

His memory will live on evidently. Unless there's a paint job in the summer.

This thread proves that a Scottish club could appoint anyone or anything and supporters will still strive to see the positives.
It's a beautiful thing.

Just have to look at the Rovers hiring locke for that.

2 year contract off the bat he got [emoji23]

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We didn't appoint anyone. We appointed an ex player who got us into 2 cup finals by scoring winning goals and then coming out of retirement and scoring a winning goal.
Apart from that yeah it could be a beautiful thing.

Please stay and watch us stay up.

I'll buy you a bridie when you come to EEP next season x

The biggest question I had about this whole thing was pretty much who would take the job on an interim basis with only 5 games to go. You'd have thought that anyone who's viewed as being a "better" manager than Hartley would either want assurances about the position regardless of the outcome or simply wait a couple of months and see how the season pans out and avoid a potential relegation on their CV which would hardly be a great start to a relationship with the club & fans.
With McCann it's essentially a free hit for him. He comes in short term, gives it a go...if it works great he can decide if he fancies it long term if he gets them relegated then he shrugs his shoulders and fucks off back to his TV gig at Sky saying "I only had 5 games and they were 2nd bottom when I took over anyway.". It doesn't really do his *ahem* credibility any real damage.

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The biggest question I had about this whole thing was pretty much who would take the job on an interim basis with only 5 games to go. You'd have thought that anyone who's viewed as being a "better" manager than Hartley would either want assurances about the position regardless of the outcome or simply wait a couple of months and see how the season pans out and avoid a potential relegation on their CV which would hardly be a great start to a relationship with the club & fans.
With McCann it's essentially a free hit for him. He comes in short term, gives it a go...if it works great he can decide if he fancies it long term if he gets them relegated then he shrugs his shoulders and fucks off back to his TV gig at Sky saying "I only had 5 games and they were 2nd bottom when I took over anyway.". It doesn't really do his *ahem* credibility any real damage.

Pretty much exactly what I was about to post. Looking at the results, Hartley definitely had to go. Just a shame that McCann only has 5 games and will probably leave if and when they go down. The only reason I would like Dundee to stay up is that it would keep McCann off the TV for a while.

Archived