The Dundee Manager Monorail

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He saved my club. He's not a good manager. He's a fucking legendary one.

Thank you.

I appreciate that. However in the grand scheme off things since that season he has been a failure.
Thank you*.

*I take no pleasure in this FACT.

I appreciate that. However in the grand scheme off things since that season he has been a failure.
Thank you*.

*I take no pleasure in this FACT.

Meh. He's been average. Not a complete failure but wouldn't have him back at Dens without serious improvement either tbf.

Anyways - it's Duffy's rotation.

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Pointless punting him now. He's having a bad season, but his performance since taking the job should buy him a bit more time.

If Dundee go down then there's an argument to be made for moving heaven and hell to bring in Jim Duffy, but sacking him now would be pointless. A new manager is stuck with the same poor squad. Look at the Championship - Hughes didnt get the new manager bounce at Raith and Jack Ross only started getting results after having the chance to bring in players in the January transfer window.

No there isn't, there is absolutely no argument to be made for that.

Jim Duffy is renowned for a spectacular end of season capitulation as manager of Dundee and it looks like he's not learned how to handle the end of season pressure if Morten's latest results are anything to go by.

All we need is someone who can work miracles. Is Jesus busy tomorrow?

No there isn't, there is absolutely no argument to be made for that.
Jim Duffy is renowned for a spectacular end of season capitulation as manager of Dundee and it looks like he's not learned how to handle the end of season pressure if Morten's latest results are anything to go by.
All we need is someone who can work miracles. Is Jesus busy tomorrow?

I'm afraid his day off was today.

Hartley will keep his job. Release 8 central midfielders and 5 centrehalfs in the summer to sort the error of his ways. He'll finally sign a dominant centrehalf, a ball winner in midfield, a right midfielder, left midfielder, 2 out and out wingers and a couple of strikers. 

The only thing lacking tactically this season is to try Holt at right back, a central midfield pairing of Wighton and Williams and Gowser upfront. 

Meh. He's been average. Not a complete failure but wouldn't have him back at Dens without serious improvement either tbf.

Anyways - it's Duffy's rotation.

Yep. A failure.

Hartley will keep his job. Release 8 central midfielders and 5 centrehalfs in the summer to sort the error of his ways. He'll finally sign a dominant centrehalf, a ball winner in midfield, a right midfielder, left midfielder, 2 out and out wingers and a couple of strikers. 

The only thing lacking tactically this season is to try Holt at right back, a central midfield pairing of Wighton and Williams and Gowser upfront. 

"Hello Mr Hartley, what can I sell you to improve your team?"

"Nothing man, they pure train like mad rockets every week, it's only a matter of time, but huv ye goat any shitey pass the baw sideyways midfielders just in case?"
"Aye, a couple"
"Whit di they weigh??"
Ten stone each."
"Naw,they're twa stane too heavy."

It wouldn't surprise you if he stuck Holt up front and Wighton, Williams and Gowser in the centre of defence ffs.

The biggest crime yesterday was Cammy at left back when it was totally unnecessary. Closely followed by Hateley anywhere in the team. Then Vincent being the first to get hooked. Finally taking off Cammy next, unless he was injured, when it was clear Wighton couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

On a positive note young Higgins looks a bit of a prospect.

Farcical taking Vincent off 1st. Wighton or Hateley should've been hooked 1st in a tactical re jig of the side. 

I'd be laughing my c0ck aff if 1 of our relegation rivals played 5 at the back against Hamilton. Except I'm not because it was or tactical genius of a manager who did it. Sad times. 

His fucking about with tactics is what has done us in. 

Archived