The Dundee Manager Monorail

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see what benefit you'd get from sacking him, a "new manager bounce" is an utter fallacy peddled by idiots. You'll just have to hope you spawn a win from somewhere

I don't see what benefit you'd get from sacking him, a "new manager bounce" is an utter fallacy peddled by idiots. You'll just have to hope you spawn a win from somewhere

I just can't be arsed seeing him again tbh. Nothing really to do with staying up or not, he's just really pissing me off.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some teams, for whatever reason,  definitely get a turnaround in form when a new man comes in.  We've nothing to lose IMO.  We've 5 games left. 3 wins and we'll likely be 10th or better.   PH won't lead this team to 3 wins. 

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The new manager bounce isn't a fallacy. There have been numerous instances over the years where a new manager has walked into a club and had an instant impact on results. Look at Leicester for the most recent example. The idiots are the ones who think that any new manager guarantees an immediate upturn in results.

The new manager bounce isn't a fallacy. There have been numerous instances over the years where a new manager has walked into a club and had an instant impact on results. Look at Leicester for the most recent example. The idiots are the ones who think that any new manager guarantees an immediate upturn in results.

There's more instances of managers taking 4-5 games to settle.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At the moment the ball is flat with a puncture. Keep Hartley and it stays that way; bring in someone new and his puncture repair kit might allow enough air to go in for a bit of a bounce. 

The point is there's bugger all to lose. 

Archived