Future of the party leaders post council elections

ChrisMFCfan1886

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So who would be the most well known lib dem who supports independence ( Chris and Ad Lib aside)?

Well I am no longer a Lib Dem. I think Hugh O'Donnell may have supported it (former MSP for Central Scotland, quit 2011 and ran as an independent).

Asides that, there are former office-bearers. I wasn't alone in leaving the party over the hardened attitude towards internal dissent over the issue since the Brexit referendum.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Dugdale will only get binned if there's a better option willing to take the gig at this time.  I'm sure SLab have a few ambitious souls who are marginally better than Kez  but who would want the job at this point?

Wouldn't an absolute cunting at the Council elections be the ideal time to empty Dugdale? Labour's new Branch Manager won't have another electoral trouncing to worry about until about 2020. Sarwar is a slimy b*****d, but surely to f**k he won't make as many outright ludicrous gaffes as Dugdale?

That said, obviously I'd prefer Dugdale to stay because her tenure has been utterly hilarious. 

21 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

On the contrary, the Lib Dems did many stupid things, but enabling the Tories on welfare cuts wasn't one of them. They forced the mitigation measures in relation to the Bedroom Tax, blocked a proposal to exclude young people from housing benefit, blocked the 2 child child benefit and tax credit cap just to name a few.

As we have seen with the Tories since, it was the fact of a Coalition that prevented the very worst of the Tories' measures from coming into force. Bluntly, fewer people are in poverty now than would have been the case if the Tories had governed alone, even in a minority administration.

Nope the Tories would have achieved less as a minority administration.  I can understand why you're still in denial though.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm starting a pro-independence 'QE2' Party. We're advocating a return to absolute monarchy in an independent Scotland. You'll be joining up, then?

If we are going to advocate absolute monarchy for an independent Scotland, those of us dedicated to a Stuart restoration will be campaigning for the Duke of Bavaria (King Francis II) - or should he pass beforehand, Sophie, Princess of Liechtenstein - to assume such a role.

Just now, DrewDon said:

If we are going to advocate absolute monarchy for an independent Scotland, those of us dedicated to a Stuart restoration will be campaigning for the Duke of Bavaria (King Francis II) - or should he pass beforehand, Sophie, Princess of Liechtenstein - to assume such a role.

Wid.

44 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Peter Pininski?

I'm starting a pro-independence 'QE2' Party. We're advocating a return to absolute monarchy in an independent Scotland. You'll be joining up, then?

QEII is the monarch the QE2 is a ship. though I would vote for a party that would bring her back from Dubai to Scotland!

2 hours ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

I met both McArthur and Rumbles at conference this year actually, and agree with you about both of them. Cole-Hamilton doesn't seem to talk much with ordinary members of the party and is unbelievably arrogant. Tavish Scott wasn't there so can't really say much about him.

I worked with ACH a fair bit in a professional capacity before I knew about his politics and a a fair bit more since. 

He is one of the most arrogant p***ks I ever had the misfortune to be around. 

He is a genuinely dangerous character.

As one of the head officers at Aberlour he was one of the most vocal proponents of named person and has now seemed to have had such an about turn it's very hard to know what his genuine position on it is.

3 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

He's not and never has been interested in the leadership. He's the most reasonable of the 5 of them, his views on Independence being fairly uncompromising notwithstanding. The easiest one I found to work with, the one most on top of his Holyrood briefs, and from what I've heard elsewhere just about the only one people from other parties don't think is a w**k.

The thirst for power got us into this mess and will ultimately be key in getting Scotland out of the union.

The Lib Dems made the worst party political decision in the last twenty five years to associate themselves with the ruthless and toxic Tories. 

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He looks like an uglier and less intelligent version of Ad Lib.

That's a bit harsh.

Beauty is for each and everyone to behold and intelligence doesn't necessarily make for effectiveness

He had the courage to stand and say his piece.

Where was Ad Lib? Oh yes, he'd flounced, in a Judean People's Front strop. 

1 minute ago, sophia said:

That's a bit harsh.

Beauty is for each and everyone to behold and intelligence doesn't necessarily make for effectiveness

He had the courage to stand and say his piece.

Where was Ad Lib? Oh yes, he'd flounced, in a Judean People's Front strop. 

He's a Lib Dem, harsh is the least they deserve.

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He looks like an uglier and less intelligent version of Ad Lib.

14 hours ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

^^ daily mail columnist obsessed with looks over policies found

I gave you a greenie for that but...

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If I was a Daily Mail columnist I wouldn't be critical.  After all your lot kept the Tories in power whilst they attacked the poor and vulnerable.

I gave GD a greenie for that :lol:

On 15/04/2017 at 19:49, jupe1407 said:

Wouldn't an absolute cunting at the Council elections be the ideal time to empty Dugdale? Labour's new Branch Manager won't have another electoral trouncing to worry about until about 2020. Sarwar is a slimy b*****d, but surely to f**k he won't make as many outright ludicrous gaffes as Dugdale?

That said, obviously I'd prefer Dugdale to stay because her tenure has been utterly hilarious. 

If anything, hard to believe as it is, I think Sarwar will do a worse job than Dugdale has.

He's genuinely stupid, not to mention an ignorant, arrogant, lying, vapid talent vacuum.

If Slab put him in charge. put a fork in them. They're done.

Serious question - why isn't Labour getting hounded at election after election getting less funny over time? I'd have expected sympathy to kick in by now but it isn't.

When I read Invergowrie Arab's story about the 40 Labour voters turning into 4 I chuckled like a fucking Bond villain.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

My mate was at a wedding Sarwar was at yesterday and claims he never washed his hands after going for a piss. Make of this what you will.

To be fair, as long as he didn't forget to open his fly before he started pishing, that probably makes him the most competent potential leader SLAB have.

Archived