Radio shows

Klanky

Radio Scotland, absolute 90s, and sometimes magic soul. Used to listen to radio 2, but not anymore. The wife listens to Vanessa feltz in the morning, by f**k she talks some shite (so does Vanessa)

Get It On can be quite decent, Steve Lamacq is ok, miss Radcliffe & Maconie.
Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70s is a good listen on a Sunday afternoon.
The concept of Get it On is fine, it's much better when Burnett is off

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 13:28, paranoid android said:

Peel would sometimes inadvertently play vinyl records at the wrong speed, and wouldn't notice the difference.

Peel always had a problem with numbers, occasionally with females.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2017 at 18:17, tongue_tied_danny said:

I listen to Chris Evans when getting ready for work in the morning and I usually stick on a bit of Absolute 80s in the kitchen when I'm cooking my tea.

My favourite radio show of all time was Mark Radcliffe's "Out On Blue Six". This was on Radio 1 for an hour late on Monday nights back in the early 90s. He played the likes of The Ramones, Iggy Pop and The New York Dolls at a time when these bands were pretty much forgotten. I used to listen to John Peel but I have to say that he played plenty of absolute shite alongside the good stuff.

Chris Evans has been replaced by Zoe Ball in the mornings and she is fucking dreadful. It's all really shite noughties pop music and vacuous celebrity pish.  I tried listening to the likes of Tay FM and Wave 102, but they are even worse so I reluctantly tuned my clock radio back to Radio 2.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Before 7.30 weekdays Chris Hawkins Radio 6 then switch over before tht annoying bint Lauren Laverne comes on. Toggle between Radio Scotland, Absolute 90's til 9.30 then Ken Bruce Radio 2 til 12. Switch over before that annoying bint Jeremy Vine comes on back to 6 music for rest of day and night. Was a far better station when Keaveney was on mornings and Radcliffe and Maconie were in afternoons.

• 4 months later...

Peel was the main man for me. 6 music is dreadful during the day but a couple of great presenters at night in Gideon Coe and Tom Ravenscroft. Late Junction on Radio 3 is always worth a listen. Bit of a scandal that they have cut it down to just Friday nights now. Maybe its my age but Radio 1 these days is enough to get music stopped.

24 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Peel was the main man for me. 6 music is dreadful during the day but a couple of great presenters at night in Gideon Coe and Tom Ravenscroft. Late Junction on Radio 3 is always worth a listen. Bit of a scandal that they have cut it down to just Friday nights now. Maybe its my age but Radio 1 these days is enough to get music stopped.

Isn't Tom Ravenscroft John Peel's son?

• 1 year later...

Been working from home the past few weeks with the radio on,  normally have 6music on non-stop in the house but I only listen from about Steve Lamacq onwards.

Is it me or has the daytime gone abolutely sh*te?   I must admit I am pretty much an old Indie kid but I do appreciate all types of music.

However, whoever they have in for Lauren Laverne today, then Mary Ann Hobbs - have been playing utter pish.  Its almost like an leftfield radio show and lots of obscure dance stuff that just doesn't do it for me.   I guess at 46 I might not be the demographic and again I don't mind hearing new things.  But have they completely given up on guitar music?  Even any of the old stuff they've played has been funk and soul -which is fine but certainly seems to have shifted in its type of music.   

Appreciate Shaun Keveny and Lamacq tend to veer towards the indie kids but would prefer a bigger mix all round.  

They got rid of Liz Kershaw on a  Saturday as well(I didn't like her as a dj but she did play a good mix of classics).   

I think its probably my age but it just feels 6Music are going up their own arse somewhat during the day.

Listen to Beat Surrender and Stereo Underground on BBC Sounds. Both local radio shows (Newcastle / Southampton) that play music for those of us that are a certain age. Punk, New Wave, Indie, Britpop all together the best 4 hours every week.