Football Podcasts

Guest bernardblack

16 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Football Weekly are doing a live show in Glasgow in April.

https://swg3.tv/events/2019/april/football-weekly-live

The downside is Ewan Murray is one of the guests.

Not sure why the Guardian still use him for Scottish football content. One of the most negative pundits going and is always getting ratioed on Twitter.

On 2/11/2019 at 07:35, bernardblack said:

Totally Football and/or Football Weekly for me. The latter usually gets avoided if Barry Glendenning isn’t on it.

I don't avoid Football Weekly without Barry but yea, its much  better with barry.

• 4 months later...

Giant is good although you can only get it on Spotify. Four of the six episodes out already - one about Ronaldo at PSV, one about the formation of MLS, one on the Women's World Cup and the other about AFC Wimbledon. Think the two remaining ones are about Arsenal and man United in the 2000s and Nigeria winning the Olympics.

Still really enjoy The Football Ramble, been listening to their best off collection over the Summer. It's going daily in the new season so will be interesting to hear what they do. Not much detail as yet but I'm assuming the normal shows will continue but with their On the Continent, At the Match and Ramble Meets programmes or something similar for the other days? Andy Brassell and James Horncastle maybe doing some additional bits for them?

• 5 months later...
I'm starting to grow tired of The Totally Football Show.  Seems like about half the episode is advertising now and I just skip the nonsense with Paddy Power at the end.
I don't mind it, although there are quite a few adverts. The Guardian one is the same now, with 2 adverts before the pod and 3 or more during the thing. Barry Glendenning being on holiday doesn't help. It doesn't effect me so much because I listen on Spotify and I can skip forward 15 seconds at a time, so I end up not really hearing the ads. I didn't realise the Athletic did podcasts either and the Ornstein and Chapman podcast is quite decent and gives a wee round up of the main news. Still think the Golazzo podcasts are the best out there but sadly they have went to irregular specials rather than a weekly episode. The Totally Football Show European Edition on a Tuesday is good though.

I'm really enjoying the Football Ramble Greatest Games. Speller is the pick of the bunch of the FR presenters and there's been a wide variety of games to keep it interesting.

The Boca one with the great Martin Palermo was brilliant. Late 90s was such a great time to watch Argentinian football with all the famous youngsters, especially if you played CM.

The 'main' Football Ramble shows have been good so far this season, more irreverent and generally a bit more like the old days.

Saying that, '4 to Score' is a rubbish replacement for Bet of the Week - I get that they are doing it at the behest of Betway, but I always zone out when they reach that stage on the Friday show because I know there's basically zero chance of them actually winning it, or even getting particularly close, so it just feels like a complete waste of time.