Football Podcasts

Guest bernardblack

• 3 weeks later...

This is arguably a bit too petty from me but I've found myself giving up on a few of the UK ones out of irritation for their Scottish football coverage. Whether it's podcasts or more traditional sports media, I'd much prefer if they didn't bother talking about Scottish football at all, rather than hearing a bunch of uninformed pish.

Patience is wearing thin listening to dotun continually get stuff wrong on the world football phone in

I've only just started listening to it again after 4 or 5 years because of how annoying Dotun Adebayo is. His schtick hasn't remotely changed since I last listened.

The callers are weirdos of the highest order as well, which induces just as many cringeworthy moments as Adebayo.

Which all in all is a shame because the pundits are generally class and it's a bit different from listening to people talking about the PL for 45 minutes.

Good eh

Listened to a few so far and enjoyed them all to be honest.
Particularly theTony Warner ones.
Only annoying thing about this podcast is one of the presenters laughs.
Not enough to put me off listening to the rest though.

Listened to a few so far and enjoyed them all to be honest.
Particularly theTony Warner ones.
Only annoying thing about this podcast is one of the presenters laughs.
Not enough to put me off listening to the rest though.

Agree with this, it’s good and some of the stories are brilliant but they end up like hyenas for longer than necessary at points. Still looking forward to the new series though.

On 02/10/2017 at 21:56, ginge123 said:

I've only just started listening to it again after 4 or 5 years because of how annoying Dotun Adebayo is. His schtick hasn't remotely changed since I last listened.

The callers are weirdos of the highest order as well, which induces just as many cringeworthy moments as Adebayo.

Which all in all is a shame because the pundits are generally class and it's a bit different from listening to people talking about the PL for 45 minutes.

Exactly this. Not listened to it for a couple of years now because of Adebayo, but the pundits are for the most part, superb.

If they replaced Adebayo and reduced the amount of people phoning in who can hardly string a sentence together, it's easily be the best football show about.

Unfortunately, Adebayo isn't going anywhere anytime soon I'd imagine.

On 10/9/2017 at 14:36, ginge123 said:

If they replaced Adebayo and reduced the amount of people phoning in who can hardly string a sentence together, it's easily be the best football show about.

Unfortunately, Adebayo isn't going anywhere anytime soon I'd imagine.

Does that Arsenal woman phone in every bloody show still?  I stopped downloading because of her and the presenter.  Filled me with hate and rage.

Does that Arsenal woman phone in every bloody show still?  I stopped downloading because of her and the presenter.  Filled me with hate and rage.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, she phoned in twice in the last 2 weeks the first time she was talking about how her team was Aldershot and how pleased she was that Man Utd had come to play them in a League Cup tie etc whilst in the same breath began talking about her team being Arsenal and some bollocks about the League Cup. I don't remember why she phoned in the second time.

Some boy from Texas has started phoning in every week, with fairly boring questions but nothing too offensive. Adebayo forgets he's phoned in the previous week and keeps asking him if his family safe from the hurricane. Bizzare.

That’ll be Cleo from Aldershot. Always mentions that she went to the England - Peru friendly a couple of years ago for no reason whatsoever. Mick from Greenwich is another Arsenal fan who just asks Tim about South American players that Arsenal are linked with no matter how tenuous the link is. I normally skip the podcast forward 5 minutes whenever they call in.