41% of American adults believed we co-existed with dinosaurs

40 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

In this film she was the perfect woman, great body, skimpy dress and IIRC didn't talk.

Sounds too good to be true...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.  The U.S. is by far the most powerful country in the world in terms of its military strength.

2.  The U.S. is a representative democracy.

3.  14% of the population, people entitled to vote to decide who governs the most powerful country in military terms, believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed, 27% believe they probably did and 16% are not sure.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Sadly the OP doesn't surprise me at all.

I was in Texas last week and never appreciated just how many bible bashers there are over there. Even the taxi driver out the airport was giving me the whole 'do you believe in Jesus and if not, wtf not?!'. Churches and religious billboards / bumper stickers absolutely everywhere.
The 'best' moment was in the Natural History Museum in Houston where there was a small exhibit on human evolution but one mother said to her primary school age son "don't believe that, it's wrong".

Also met a homeless guy outside the pub I was at, not begging for money, but carrying some weird version of a Bible (giant thing like a kids fairy tale book (quite apt really). He asked if I could read him a part (because he was illiterate) and I started off just out of sheer curiosity. Absolute 'Hallelujah!' of the highest order, to which I had to balance it by asking why he just accepts the first thing shown to him. Turned out he gave over all his money for that book that day, saying "I need this man, it's all I've got to help me, I need heaven man". All very sad. :(

What the f**k would possess you to read  bits of a children's bible to a mentally ill tramp? Are you sure this isn't one of your strange dreams?

Think of america as not a country but a really (really) bad reality tv program and yer no far off the mark :lol: 

I've had a good time here last six weeks and met some great people but it is one fucked up country tv program :o 

Looking forward to returning in September for 8 weeks........ ;) 

There's a few conspiracy theories kicking about over this on line, one being that the Flintstones and the Jetsons exist in a same post nuclear war world with the Jetsons as the haves (who rely on technology) and the Flintstones as the have nots who have to improvise with what they can find. The so called Dinosaurs are a result of mutations and genetic experiments.

Fucking Hell. I can't stop thinking about this. This should be more widely-known than any nonsensical JFK/911 conspiracy theories, imo.

The coasts and the major cities are fine in America because they are diverse and progressive and thats where all the jobs and the majority of the wealth is, its when you head to the rural midwest, the plains and the south that most of the crackpots are. Small towns, no foreigners, OTT Christianity, nothing to do but drink and hunt. I lived in rural Wisconsin and it was probably the worst 4 months of my life. 

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The religious element to this does not surprise me, nonetheless it is truely frightful ignorance. Sadly a SNP MSP believes the same thing so it's hard to be too critical.

Why is it hard to be critical of them because a SNP MSP believes this?

5 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Why is it hard to be critical of them because a SNP MSP believes this?

You're right.  Having a fuckwit as an SNP MSP doesn't excuse the fuckwittery of all these U.S. citizens.

What the f**k would possess you to read  bits of a children's bible to a mentally ill tramp? Are you sure this isn't one of your strange dreams?

Probably the good Christian in me just screaming to get out (thankfully logical thought keeps it at bay). That and, as I said, sheer curiosity as to wtf it was. Pity too, plus the full blown accent that sounded quite cool.

But yes, when you word it the way you do, it does sound ridiculous.

Fucking Hell. I can't stop thinking about this. This should be more widely-known than any nonsensical JFK/911 conspiracy theories, imo.

This.
The Flintstones theme tune has "they're a modern-stone age family."

I now need to watch episodes of it to see if there is more proof.

Just now, Cerberus said:

I found this photo of a dinosaur eating a elephant in the 1800s.
Wake up sheeple.

Image result for the valley of gwangi elephant

Cerberus, Cerberus, I hate to shatter your illusions, but that was all made up. They were good pals really...like the wrestling.

Archived