Sons V Pars 15/4/17

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Some local c**t nicked my carry out from a tree there years ago, before a friendly where one of the Sons players got rather drunken abuse as he was mates with one of our group that day. And Jim Hamilton stole a penalty off...young Ian Williamson? Or Phinn?

Yaaas, young Sons.

54 minutes ago, smpar said:

I reckon Sonsteam of 08 is a bit of a thug on a Saturday afternoon.

On 2017-4-13 at 10:45, Boghead ranter said:

Shhh, it keeps him off of the subject of legroom at Cappielow. He's over 6ft tall, you know...

And a damn tall thug too

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Some local c**t nicked my carry out from a tree there years ago, before a friendly where one of the Sons players got rather drunken abuse as he was mates with one of our group that day. And Jim Hamilton stole a penalty off...young Ian Williamson? Or Phinn?

Yes. I remember that very well. Poor lad was on the bench and kept looking round bemused as you launched into tirade after tirade of utterly awful abuse.

and it's been a few years...so I can now reveal it was me who nicked yer carry out...

Was that a challenge cup game? Think we won 5-0
Nicky Phinn had one superb season for the Pars and got Young Player of the Year I think?
Maybe 09/10?

He was very, very promising culminating in that season where he also got into the PnB team of the year, the following year when we won the title he was injured for the most part although he did score against Falkirk on the last day. If he hadn't had those injuries he most likely would have had a solid championship player at least, part of me wonders though if he had replicated that season, or improved it when we won the title would we have made some money? There's a chance.

I was at the u20s game last week and Roy Barry was saying that Darren Young had invited him along to Albion Rovers to give it a shot, see how he felt etc. Got injured in the first session. Massive shame.

Think the game that is being mentioned was a pre-season one before our awful First Division season under Stephen Kenny. I remember Jim Hamilton nicking the penalty from Williamson and getting a barrage of abuse for doing so and his absolutely disgraceful attempt at a lob from the halfway line.

Think the game that is being mentioned was a pre-season one before our awful First Division season under Stephen Kenny. I remember Jim Hamilton nicking the penalty from Williamson and getting a barrage of abuse for doing so and his absolutely disgraceful attempt at a lob from the halfway line.

Didn't he hit someone's car in the car park behind the goal? [emoji1]

It could have been, was about ten years ago from when I don't remember anything. Although I mind Phinn being a tremendous player one season,scored a few but faded away.

wasn't he a guest at one of the recent home games

3 hours ago, GordieBoy80 said:

It was. We won 1-5.

Team was:

Sean Murdoch, Scott Thomson, Phil McGuire, Jamie Harris, Scott Muirhead, Callum Woods, Darren Young, Stephen Glass, Owen Morrison, Stevie Crawford and Jim Hamilton.

Greg Shields, Stephen Simmons, Davie Muir, Nicky Phinn and Iain Williamson all came on as subs. Andy Geggan started for Dumbarton.

We went 1-0 down but Scott Thomson, Stevie Crawford (2), Owen Morrison and the aforementioned Jim Hamilton penalty saw us win.

Archived