Sons V Pars 15/4/17

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Yeah, but you don't seem to suggest this when we beat Morton or draw with St Mirren last week... You hide away until a bad result comes along, then jump back out.

10 minutes ago, patchh333 said:

Don't be a tit. Said it at the start of the season and stick by it. Under Aitken we will go down

This is a very good point.

Why didn't you post after the recent good results? It's almost as if you relish us losing because it means you can come on here and slag off Aitken. Today was rubbish, as was the 5-1 defeat to the Pars, and every other defeat. Fortunately there has been more positives than negatives since Bonnyrigg - because if he had failed to turn that around we'd be down by now. Comfortably.

Gary Fleming is going to Irvine Meadow next season 

Hmm, I'd heard Gary was in cheers a few weeks ago saying that he was going back to the juniors...I'd kind of dismissed it and hoped he'd write this season off and commit anew next season.

That said, he's been neither fit nor good enough for some time and it's been his relationship with the fans that's protected him to some extent.

There's a cracking championship player there somewhere.

2 hours ago, patchh333 said:

I was not implying he was the reason we lost today just commenting on a couple of posts regarding him not getting on, don't think the sending off had anything to do with it as The manager had him on the bench long before that game, I was simply trying to say that with nade not doing it why was Fleming not getting a start. He has in the past scored goals in these games to help keep us up. Aitken obviously has an issue with him

Garry was also carrying a groin injury before that game he got sent, and most likely still not got his fitness back yet, whereas joe has been sent here to play under mcinnes's request. 

As for the game, I thought we were well in it for 75 minutes, but we really need to take our chances. We really need to find our shooting boots asap. 

Wedderburn turn? Looked like it was a tad fluky with a few lucky breaks off him and Stanton? Still decent though 

2 hours ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

We couldn't play because of the wind. We always struggle on a windy day. Martin was the only player who handled the wind well. His bye-kicks were pretty good most of the time.

Nade and Nuttall looked disinterested. I think they managed to get no more than five touches of the ball between them. WTF were we thinking in the first half, shooting into the wind, with only Berba up front? Fleming was the man to bring on, not Nade. I think Nade's second spell with us hasn't been good.

All other results around us didn't help. The Utd v Utd game on Alba was as good a reason as any for shutting down the Alba station.What a pile of shite. 

FFS Sons struggle in the wind,how long have you been playing there 17years.

If you don't know how to play in the wind now you never will.

On the ground ,short,easy passes,a team working hard for one another8)

Garry was also carrying a groin injury before that game he got sent, and most likely still not got his fitness back yet, whereas joe has been sent here to play under mcinnes's request. 
As for the game, I thought we were well in it for 75 minutes, but we really need to take our chances. We really need to find our shooting boots asap. 
Wedderburn turn? Looked like it was a tad fluky with a few lucky breaks off him and Stanton? Still decent though 

C86lB9vWsAAts5Z.jpg
ugddHZWt.jpg

35 minutes ago, Young gun said:

FFS Sons struggle in the wind,how long have you been playing there 17years.

If you don't know how to play in the wind now you never will.

On the ground ,short,easy passes,a team working hard for one another8)

Yeah. 

We put together a couple of nice, on the deck moves in the 1st half, between Vaughan, Stanton & Stirling etc.

Unfortunately the novelty of that strategy wore off & you guys were more clinical in front of goal today.

Bit worried for us now tbh.

4 hours ago, patchh333 said:

I said a while back that mr Aitken was not the man for the job and got slated on here for it, are the people who slated me still saying he is ? For a reason only known to mr Aitken he has some issue with playing Fleming which looks like it will come back to bite him on the arse as Fleming is always a better bet for a goal than what he puts on the park, nade's first stint at the club was excellent and showed how good a striker he was, but this time round looks a bit slower and not as aggressive , Thomson tries his best every week with some success but at no point can I remember him not starting which suggests he is first choice striker at the club and merits s start week in week out, not sure of his goal tally for the season, maybe someone can tell me but it must be very good for mr Aitken to play him every week. With 3 tough games to go it's hard to see us getting many if any more points which I fear will lead us to the devision below

Behave yourself.

McCabe had a cracking game today, definitely Man of the Match. He can't be far off earning a new contract. Hopkirk doing himself no harm either.

Thought he was good on Tuesday too.
Not the best game but, the first half chance for Buchanan(?) aside, they didn't create much. The wind made life difficult for both teams but I felt we tried to pass it throughout the game.
I felt a goal was going to do it either way and what a great strike by McCabe. Hopkirk's was a tidy finish too and the icing on the cake.
Although we've largely dominated Dumbarton this season, this was always going to be tricky so very pleased.
But let's just take a moment to mention Nat Wedderburn and yet another piece of outrageous skill. #baller

10 hours ago, patchh333 said:

I said a while back that mr Aitken was not the man for the job and got slated on here for it, are the people who slated me still saying he is ? For a reason only known to mr Aitken he has some issue with playing Fleming which looks like it will come back to bite him on the arse as Fleming is always a better bet for a goal than what he puts on the park, nade's first stint at the club was excellent and showed how good a striker he was, but this time round looks a bit slower and not as aggressive , Thomson tries his best every week with some success but at no point can I remember him not starting which suggests he is first choice striker at the club and merits s start week in week out, not sure of his goal tally for the season, maybe someone can tell me but it must be very good for mr Aitken to play him every week. With 3 tough games to go it's hard to see us getting many if any more points which I fear will lead us to the devision below

you have 35 pts which is 1 more than your overall total last year which kept you up . Aitken has shown both here and at Stranraer what a good manager he is and i believe he will keep you in Championship

On 15/04/2017 at 19:37, patchh333 said:

Don't be a tit. Said it at the start of the season and stick by it. Under Aitken we will go down

You realise Aitken has already kept us in this division and can still keep us up this season?

I'm interested, with 3 games to go, who would you replace Stevie Aitken with?

Archived