Sons V Pars 15/4/17

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said a while back that mr Aitken was not the man for the job and got slated on here for it, are the people who slated me still saying he is ? For a reason only known to mr Aitken he has some issue with playing Fleming which looks like it will come back to bite him on the arse as Fleming is always a better bet for a goal than what he puts on the park, nade's first stint at the club was excellent and showed how good a striker he was, but this time round looks a bit slower and not as aggressive , Thomson tries his best every week with some success but at no point can I remember him not starting which suggests he is first choice striker at the club and merits s start week in week out, not sure of his goal tally for the season, maybe someone can tell me but it must be very good for mr Aitken to play him every week. With 3 tough games to go it's hard to see us getting many if any more points which I fear will lead us to the devision below

Just now, patchh333 said:

I said a while back that mr Aitken was not the man for the job and got slated on here for it, are the people who slated me still saying he is ? For a reason only known to mr Aitken he has some issue with playing Fleming which looks like it will come back to bite him on the arse as Fleming is always a better bet for a goal than what he puts on the park, nade's first stint at the club was excellent and showed how good a striker he was, but this time round looks a bit slower and not as aggressive , Thomson tries his best every week with some success but at no point can I remember him not starting which suggests he is first choice striker at the club and merits s start week in week out, not sure of his goal tally for the season, maybe someone can tell me but it must be very good for mr Aitken to play him every week. With 3 tough games to go it's hard to see us getting many if any more points which I fear will lead us to the devision below

3 defeats in 11 games is a very decent run of form, and the recent performances have been more than up to standard. Any chat of punting him now is insane.

Thomson has been excellent in recent weeks, and I say that as his fiercest critic, and thoroughly deserves to be playing every minute at the moment. He was alright again today, winning a decent amount in the air. Stats wise has 10 goals and 8 assists this season - a  more than decent return. He's our leading goalscorer and our leading assister. Say what you want about him, however the stats are in his favour.

I suspect Garry coming on and then getting sent-off after 7 minutes in our biggest game of the season probably counted against him today. I'd still have had him on instead of Nuttall, but he's by no means the reason we failed to win today.

I didnt think there was much between the 2 teams for a big part of that game. Both teams had chances - Martin made some really good saves in our goal and we missed a couple of golden opportunities at 0-0. We take even one of those and it's a different game. 99 times out 100 our chance in the first half goes in off a knee, a shin, an arse, a belly or something. A different player probably puts it in.

But we didnt take the chance and that was the big difference between the 2 teams. Dunfermline took their chances and we didn't. The first goal wasnt great from a Dumbarton point of view. We need to be closing McCabe down so he can't get the shot away. The 2nd goal looked pretty well worked with some nice passing that really opened us up at the back.

Would anybody have made a difference today? I'm not sure. Fleming might have been a better option than Nuttall but at 1-0 we looked like the game was beyond us. It was always going to be one of those games where the first goal was vital and despite having some fantastic chances, we just couldn't take them.

We've seen over the past few weeks that things can change at the bottom on a game by game basis. 3 matches left - we need to hope and believe that we can take something next weekend because our last 2 games are as hard as we could possibly have had.

3 defeats in 11 games is a very decent run of form, and the recent performances have been more than up to standard. Any chat of punting him now is insane.
Thomson has been excellent in recent weeks, and I say that as his fiercest critic, and thoroughly deserves to be playing every minute at the moment. He was alright again today, winning a decent amount in the air. Stats wise has 10 goals and 8 assists this season - a  more than decent return. He's our leading goalscorer and our leading assister. Say what you want about him, however the stats are in his favour.
I suspect Garry coming on and then getting sent-off after 7 minutes in our biggest game of the season probably counted against him today. I'd still have had him on instead of Nuttall, but he's by no means the reason we failed to win today.

I was not implying he was the reason we lost today just commenting on a couple of posts regarding him not getting on, don't think the sending off had anything to do with it as The manager had him on the bench long before that game, I was simply trying to say that with nade not doing it why was Fleming not getting a start. He has in the past scored goals in these games to help keep us up. Aitken obviously has an issue with him

23 minutes ago, patchh333 said:

Always one or two who come out when we start to look like we are struggling or getting into a difficult position.

Aitken has done a good job with us and even if we go down I would be happy to keep him in charge. Fleming has done himself no favours this season. I understand that players go through dips and things but he hasn't been great this year.

I rate Garry highly and think it is great that he gets on so well with our fans but the Fleming Happy Clappers really do end up being a pain a lot of the time.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree. Massively surprised he wasn't brought on today.

It's particularly baffling that the manager views Nuttal as a better option than Fleming, especially when Nade is on the park.

Not good enough today.

#stevieaitkentacticalgenius

32 minutes ago, patchh333 said:

#nowherenearbeingagenius

Aye.

Is your name Craig Couper by any chance?

Oh dear.

McCabe scoring from range was inevitable.  He'd been having shots that weren't too far away from the net throughout the game. 

Disgusted by the lack of effort after the goal.  Robert Thomson was the only one who looked interested. 

I think if we'd been a bit more savy with the substitutions we could have won that.  I've always fel thatt Aitken is too reluctant to make changes during the game.

9th.  Play-offs looming.  We have an abysmal record against teams in the divisions below us.  I have what they call the FEAR.

Mccabe was OK did well with his finish it wasn't a great game of football. Best and most composed players considering the conditions were higgy, morris, Nat and Mccabe. Everyone else was OK. Geggan stuggled with passing at times and reilly was his usual.

Gary Fleming is going to Irvine Meadow next season 

Whether or not he is deemed past it/good enough for us. He is a much better player than junior level. I'd be surprised to see him drop out of the senior ranks, although saying that, he did come from Irvine meadow I suppose and if he can't play for us maybe he doesn't want to play for anyone else.

46 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Oh dear.

McCabe scoring from range was inevitable.  He'd been having shots that weren't too far away from the net throughout the game. 

Disgusted by the lack of effort after the goal.  Robert Thomson was the only one who looked interested. 

I think if we'd been a bit more savy with the substitutions we could have won that.  I've always fel thatt Aitken is too reluctant to make changes during the game.

9th.  Play-offs looming.  We have an abysmal record against teams in the divisions below us.  I have what they call the FEAR.

We couldn't play because of the wind. We always struggle on a windy day. Martin was the only player who handled the wind well. His bye-kicks were pretty good most of the time.

Nade and Nuttall looked disinterested. I think they managed to get no more than five touches of the ball between them. WTF were we thinking in the first half, shooting into the wind, with only Berba up front? Fleming was the man to bring on, not Nade. I think Nade's second spell with us hasn't been good.

All other results around us didn't help. The Utd v Utd game on Alba was as good a reason as any for shutting down the Alba station.What a pile of shite. 

2 minutes ago, patchh333 said:

Don't be a tit. Said it at the start of the season and stick by it. Under Aitken we will go down

I'm sure I don't only speak for myself when I say, I'd much rather you crawl back into whatever hole you have come out of tonight.

Conditions pretty bad today and Dunfermline struggled with them as much as us. 

Basically we needed a goal to defend and was always going to be a testing 2nd half. Buccy had the chance .

some of our fans have clearly never played to understand how difficult it was. Having said that one or two weren't as good as recent weeks. 

Final outcome wasn't decided today or next week so we should keep an air of positivity while we can

Archived