Sons V Pars 15/4/17

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usually plenty of goals when both Clubs meet, and I'd love a crazy goalfest, but a 1-0 home win, similar to the victory over Morton 2 wks ago would be nice.

Since the last time we played you, neither the Pars nor their opponents have scored more than a solitary goal in any of our fixtures.

Crazy Goalfest it is.

1-1.

Another huge game for us today. As has been said, we don't have a great record against Dunfermline but a win today would be massive.

Having Fleming back and available is a boost and gives us a different option. If we play largely how we have played over the last four or five games then I'm confident we can get a result. Maybe a draw, but it's so tight at the bottom, even a point could prove to be invaluable come the end.

Is that Vaughn guy still training with rovers during the week? surely he is under huge pressure from all his friends at work and for his own career to piss about and give us as many chance as he can, or have you guys been impressed with him and his attitude? 

19 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Is that Vaughn guy still training with rovers during the week? surely he is under huge pressure from all his friends at work and for his own career to piss about and give us as many chance as he can, or have you guys been impressed with him and his attitude? 

Does this look like a man that looks under pressure from his employers not to score goals for the club he's playing for?

IMG-20170408-WA0049.jpg

Just now, The Moonster said:

Does this look like a man that looks under pressure from his employers not to score goals for the club he's playing for?

IMG-20170408-WA0049.jpg

perhaps not but this week in training can't of been easy at least he's playing at a higher level than he will be next season

Just now, Adam101 said:

perhaps not but this week in training can't of been easy at least he's playing at a higher level than he will be next season

He's already said he takes a bit of stick for it, but he's a professional and just wants to play games, something his employers weren't giving him. If he scores the goals that send Raith down I expect he'll go back there and be the main man in bringing them back up.

There seem to be about six players who could play left back in that Dunfermline team from that friendly. Kenny really was ahead of his time...

Anyway, another 1-1 this afternoon I reckon. Thomson for Dumbarton, as he always plays well against us. Higginbotham to score our obligatory soft penalty. 

Are there any decent shops in Dumbarton or at least a nice coffee house so the Missus can sit and chill out with a book, or am I as well dropping her off at Braehead (not that there's much there these days)?

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There seem to be about six players who could play left back in that Dunfermline team from that friendly. Kenny really was ahead of his time...

Anyway, another 1-1 this afternoon I reckon. Thomson for Dumbarton, as he always plays well against us. Higginbotham to score our obligatory soft penalty. 

Are there any decent shops in Dumbarton or at least a nice coffee house so the Missus can sit and chill out with a book, or am I as well dropping her off at Braehead (not that there's much there these days)?

There's a wee coffee shop on Glasgow Road at the junction with Greenhead road, which isn't far from the ground. I hear its very good but I've never been in. There's a few in the town centre too but again I can't recommend any as I don't use them.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

There's a wee coffee shop on Glasgow Road at the junction with Greenhead road, which isn't far from the ground. I hear its very good but I've never been in. There's a few in the town centre too but again I can't recommend any as I don't use them.

The one at Glasgow/Greenhead Road is excellent.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm not impressed by the shops in town. Much depends on what Mrs Montalbano wants to shop for.

The coffee shop that The Moonster speaks of is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone. 

Archived