Sons V Pars 15/4/17

47 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

have a player subbed after being headbutted by his team-mate

Forgot about that - was there any outcome to that? Or just swept under the carpet?

I'll be heading through on Saturday, but not looking forward to it. Hopefully we can create chances that don't fall to bloody Moffat!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgot about that - was there any outcome to that? Or just swept under the carpet?
I'll be heading through on Saturday, but not looking forward to it. Hopefully we can create chances that don't fall to bloody Moffat!

Docherty was 'internally disciplined' (which sounds painful) and handed a 2 match ban by the SFA. A ban that effectively lost him his place in the team.

46 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Where's best for a 'cheeky' pre-game VK?

Either the Stags Head right at Dumbarton East Station or if you head down to the ground and walk a few hundred yards past it you'll reach the bowling club. Stags has dart boards, big screen and pool table, bowling club is cheap and has a pool table.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Either the Stags Head right at Dumbarton East Station or if you head down to the ground and walk a few hundred yards past it you'll reach the bowling club. Stags has dart boards, big screen and pool table, bowling club is cheap and has a pool table.

And both have the underlying aroma of pish about them.  Stags more so.

14 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Great news . Game on Saturday to be sponsored by united airlines. Before start two fans will be volunteered to be dragged by the hair from one goalmouth to the other before being thrown over the boundary fence. Mind you does that not happen at all Ayrshire junior games.

That's a good sponsorship deal, congratulations to all involved.

14 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Good stuff, cheers for that!

Dumbarton town centre isn't that far from the ground and there's a couple of decent pubs there. If you're really lazy you could just get the train from Dumbarton Central to the other Dumbarton stop (no barriers so easy to bump!) after a few libations in the town centre.

I was in Stag's Head last time pre match and their pints weren't the best (with one having to be returned for being undrinkable).

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Dumbarton town centre isn't that far from the ground and there's a couple of decent pubs there. If you're really lazy you could just get the train from Dumbarton Central to the other Dumbarton stop (no barriers so easy to bump!) after a few libations in the town centre.

There's three stations in Dumbarton :-) Make sure it's it's Dumbarton East, Central, and Dalreoch. It's a long walk from Dalreoch to the ground.

But you're correct, town centre has more choice.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I was in Stag's Head last time pre match and their pints weren't the best (with one having to be returned for being undrinkable).

Aye, I had assumed he was looking for close to the ground but there are 3 pubs in the High street which do food, one being a Weatherspoons. You're a 10-15 minute walk from there to the ground.

Stags can be a bit hit and miss with their drinks at times, I agree. They served me what was supposed to be a morgans and coke last year, it looked like a glass of dirty water and tasted like piss. Most of the time it's fine though.

Some local c**t nicked my carry out from a tree there years ago, before a friendly where one of the Sons players got rather drunken abuse as he was mates with one of our group that day. And Jim Hamilton stole a penalty off...young Ian Williamson? Or Phinn?

I really liked wee Nicky Phinn at the Pars, seemed like a decent guy too. It's a shame he never got the chance to make any kind of lengthy career out of football. A very steady Championship/League One player when fit.

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

What's the deal with the Dumbarton fans on here? Are they all actually sound c***s? It's making me feel uncomfortable. 

I reckon Sonsteam of 08 is a bit of a thug on a Saturday afternoon.

Archived