Gardening Query

We had our back garden astroturfed a few months ago and it's fantastic.

Our garden was a state, with a raised and uneven patio which dropped steeply onto a highly sloped grass area. It was always waterlogged and the drainage was terrible.

If you have the money then plastic is the way to go in my opinion. The best thing about it is that half an hour of sunshine dries it out completely and my kids can roam about without any fear that they'll get filthy or soaking.

It seems like fewer people can be bothered gardening these days.

More front gardens are being turned into driveways or being completely covered with stones.

It hardly takes much effort to mow the lawn twice a year ffs

On 4/11/2017 at 09:27, MONKMAN said:

Mine is pretty good with literally no maintenance, although it was fairly expensive. No issues other than last bonfire night a firework landed on it, resulting in a small burn mark.

On 4/14/2017 at 23:32, pandarilla said:

Tiny bit of fake grass for us in the front garden.

Really happy with it. As mentioned, the only downside is the cost. But it sounds like the op is keen. It's a yes from me.

Where did you guys get yours?

On 4/15/2017 at 21:45, heedthebaa said:

Wife's just priced 8m x 4m x 30mm, coming in at £320, that's not bad, cheaper than I thought 

I've got 7 x 4 x 30mm coming in at £266, but waiting on a sample to check it out. Let me know if you want a link to that pricing.

Edited by Rugster

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I've got 7 x 4 x 30mm coming in at £266, but waiting on a sample to check it out. Let me know if you want a link to that pricing.

Cheers bud, put it up and I'll have a look. Waiting on a sample to come from upholstery-DIY 123, my son used them and his is tip top quality 

15 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Cheers bud, put it up and I'll have a look. Waiting on a sample to come from upholstery-DIY 123, my son used them and his is tip top quality 

This is the one, they've got quite a few different versions on 30mm, seem ok, up to 6 free samples available too.I'll check out that 123 mob too. Cheers!

https://www.cheapgrass.co.uk/product/fake-artificial-grass-30mm-luxury/

It seems like fewer people can be bothered gardening these days.
More front gardens are being turned into driveways or being completely covered with stones.
It hardly takes much effort to mow the lawn twice a year ffs

It's twice a month in the summer, minimum.

Is this the new gardening thread? Fair enough.
I built a wooden fence and raised beds with my bare hands. The weight of the soil started pushing my post out so needed a bit of doctoring.
Cats have already started digging holes in it.
Anyone else got a garden?

We paid a company in Dundee to come and do it. Don't remember their name - but the sales guy was dead boring.

They did a great job though.

3 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Is this the new gardening thread? Fair enough.
I built a wooden fence and raised beds with my bare hands. The weight of the soil started pushing my post out so needed a bit of doctoring.
Cats have already started digging holes in it.
Anyone else got a garden?

The gardening thread ran for years and was fun.  I quoted you over there.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, as not got time to go through all the posts.

Make sure the sub-base is correct and the weed membrane is fixed correctly. As artificial turf is much like slabs, only as good as the sub-base that supports it.

I would recommend you brush it every fortnight to keep the bristles in good shape.

If the kids have play equipment then you can also get an under layer which pads it out a bit.

I'm a gardener/landscaper and have my own business. Going 8 years.

• 1 year later...

Bump

As its been taps aff recently and the bottom of the garden is basically a large bush, a willow tree and a shed full of shit, Ive been thinking of condensing my shedshite and getting a summer house/cabin.  Anybody have one?

Im not looking to be sitting in some B&Q shed type of structure but something a bit more substantial that I can power up and drink in with a degree of comfort during the warmer months.

Probably not too big (3x3m ish).

Pros/cons? Worth insulating? 

Probably wont do it this year but will be a project for Spring.