What is the greatest sport technically?

Dindeleux

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
Should change the title to 'what's your favourite sport?' Worst shout would be the boy suggesting if you got in with a big standard amateur boxer you'd struggle to land a punch. We get it, you box. If I got on a court with a bog standard tennis player I'd struggle to win a point. It means nothing. Every sport at the top level requires a huge degree of skill to be the best, so to be the best at the most played sport is obviously going to be the most difficult and technically demanding. So football.

I said that ya clown. Everybody walks around thinking they can fight and punch. Folk don’t walk about thinking they can play tennis.

I also said boxing was nowhere near close to the sport that requires the most skill.

• 2 weeks later...

If you class snooker as a sport, then certainly that imo.  It's not just a case of being able to hit a ball to millimetre precision, but to be a world champion requires the ability to calculate the whole game ahead with pretty much every shot, much like chess but much more difficult to move the pieces.  Can't see cricket, boxing or any other sport requiring this to anywhere near the same degree.

On 28/03/2018 at 22:54, die hard doonhamer said:

I'd give cricket a shout, specifically batting in a test match. To be successful requires hours of immense concentration and technical precision.

It's a strong contender.

Of course the bowlers only need hours of concentration it they're having a bad game.

Archived