• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Dindeleux

What is the greatest sport technically?

I'm on a thread where ballet is being considered a sport, and I'm not really sure where life goes from here.

I'm on a thread where ballet is being considered a sport, and I'm not really sure where life goes from here.

In what way is it not a sport? Intrigued by this viewpoint.

For me it's perhaps Formula 1. To have cars go round, what, 4 miles of track or something and stopping and starting and changing directions constantly and only finish literally hundredths of a second apart is pretty amazing to think about. 

There's an argument that it could be football. Most popular sport in the world is a pretty good baseline for the skill level being the highest.

In 20 years it'll be Mixed Martial Arts imo.

31 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

You've already trolled me into oblivion, don't be a bad winner.

Ballet dancers are at the absolute peak of human fitness and conditioning btw, being strong and flexible enough to pull of some astounding manoeuvres and moves. Plus the grace in which they do it clearly demonstrates a finesse which I'd argue no other sport has.

We now have some more understanding of the Dad incident.

Isle of Man TT race.
Make a mistake, there's a good chance you're dead.

Great shout.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

We now have some more understanding of the Dad incident.

^^^ "Ballet is just for lassies" type post.

11 minutes ago, Derlei said:

Isle of Man TT race.

Make a mistake, there's a good chance you're dead.

That's what happens when you f**k off the fairies.

^^^ "Ballet is just for lassies" type post.

What? Don't be so precious. I would expect my sister to stand up for my dad in any case.

It's easier in sports like golf to not make mistakes when you have time to take a practice swing, get the crowd to shut up and get advice from someone regarding yardage and wind etc.

In terms of fitness is must be boxing or martial arts. Tennis is up there but you do see chubby females at times. The recovery time must be difficult thought. Playing ten sets in two days.

Quarterback is a good shout, they have to be tough, fit and be good technically. 

Dont know it's a good question and would make an interesting documentary.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Is golf a sport? More of a pastime for badly dressed wankers. Does take huge skill and dedication to be good at it though.

I think people would get a shock if they'd not boxed before just how hard it is to try and handle a decent boxer if you're a novice. You just don't get a sense of it from watching on TV etc.

I've played a few sports and it's definitely the least forgiving. A few cm off can result in brain damage rather than a ball landing in a bunker somewhere. 

2 hours ago, BradHorse said:

For me it's perhaps Formula 1. To have cars go round, what, 4 miles of track or something and stopping and starting and changing directions constantly and only finish literally hundredths of a second apart is pretty amazing to think about. 

There's an argument that it could be football. Most popular sport in the world is a pretty good baseline for the skill level being the highest.

In 20 years it'll be Mixed Martial Arts imo.

MMA isn't a sport. :lol:

Hockey is pretty challenging. Needs a good level of skill before you can be effective, and at the top level, the players are playing every two days at events like the World Cup and the Olympics.

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hockey is pretty challenging. Needs a good level of skill before you can be effective, and at the top level, the players are playing every two days at events like the World Cup and the Olympics.

:lol: