Arbroath v Edinburgh

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players and the coaching staff should be taken the full blame for that very very poor performance.

If the manager is going to just sit and watch boys launch the ball to Doris and 99% of them fail to open up their defence, the players must be smart and brave enough to realise this isnt working. They need to pass the ball, work the channels, make the runs etc.

But what we got yesterday was static wingers. Midfielers looking up as the ball is launched from defence to the forwards. Then losing the 2nd and 3rd balls as they are caught flat footed and at times afraid to make a challenge.

Doris couldnt have been more isolated if he was positioned on the Bell Rock. With both Prutny and especially Scott hopeless and giving him support.

Last 3 games are going to difficult. Playoffs are a scary option

20 minutes ago, scillybirder said:

Can we get Kane back please

I have to agree. What is glaringly obvious is our lack of sharpness in the final third. Kane at least brought pace and trickery to that area and if Macallum isn't up to it, we need someone in. 

Yesterday we dominated for long periods but just persisted with a plan that wasn't working and the warning signs were there. It's a fine line, though, as a dodgy winner in the final seconds denied us top spot going into the final 3 games.

Usually any contact with the keeper is a foul these days but i dont agree with it and gomes needs to be stronger at the goal. That said he made 2 or 3 great saves yesterday but to have no shots on target at home v edinburgh city is completely unacceptable

2 hours ago, WT Figo said:

Well having seen the highlights it was clearly a foul on Gomes for the goal. Porteous puts his arm across the keeper's chest preventing him from jumping. 

It also looks like City should have had a penalty in the first half, when Hamilton brings down their striker.

A clear push on Gomes as he is about to gather the ball. How blatant does it have to be?

The players and the coaching staff should be taken the full blame for that very very poor performance.

If the manager is going to just sit and watch boys launch the ball to Doris and 99% of them fail to open up their defence, the players must be smart and brave enough to realise this isnt working. They need to pass the ball, work the channels, make the runs etc.

But what we got yesterday was static wingers. Midfielers looking up as the ball is launched from defence to the forwards. Then losing the 2nd and 3rd balls as they are caught flat footed and at times afraid to make a challenge.

Doris couldnt have been more isolated if he was positioned on the Bell Rock. With both Prutny and especially Scott hopeless and giving him support.

Last 3 games are going to difficult. Playoffs are a scary option

Agree with this

A lot of good players in that team yesterday just not at it, every one of them capable of more

With regards to subs to change it I'm not sure what I would've done to be honest I mean our best 11 were on the park just couldn't see anything yesterday that looked obvious to change, but then again I don't get paid to do it

I mean someone said Malin on for McCord, mental imo, if we were going to open them up McCord was the boy to do it

I'd maybe have said to whatley to just sit in infronf of Hammy and Ricky and push Sukar/Gold up so McCord didn't have to do to much of the dirty work. Always felt like the ball was breaking to them in midfield with hunners of space for them to run into with McCord/Whatley nowhere to be seen.

Any body notice how Montrose are closing the gap and could make the play-offs all with a manager who was not given an opportunity at A.F.C. when Sheerin left yet Lumsden was given the job when Moore was chopped.

Would not relish getting them in the play-offs as they are well organised and can close teams down.

Any body notice how Montrose are closing the gap and could make the play-offs all with a manager who was not given an opportunity at A.F.C. when Sheerin left yet Lumsden was given the job when Moore was chopped.
Would not relish getting them in the play-offs as they are well organised and can close teams down.

Montrose are decent now under Petrie.

Would've loved to see Templeman at Gayf. Him upfront with Doris, Linn and Skelly running off him would've been good I think.

Yesterday was are chance to go and grab this league by the balls and we choked. It really annoys me the young dumbarton boy cant get a game he has the pace to get in behind defences as prunty and scott been poor for a while now. Hopefully dc sees this and changes it up and give the lad a chance. He cant be any worse than prunty and scott.

1 hour ago, Housecaptain said:

ye can see them going up

Archived