Worst sayings in Scottish Football

St Johnstone consistently punch above their weight.

If they're doing it so consistently, maybe they have moved up a 'weight' and are just a better team?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my pet hate is when they call the Premiership the 

"spl" look i know the naming of the  four division is terrible but for the love of christ the top tier is the "premiership" or i would even accept " the premier league"

on a slight tangent , why is an overhead kick , a scissors kick and why is it not ALWAYS dangerous play when this is done , 

I hate 'started on the front foot' . To be on the back foot actually means something.

Rob McLean saying 'what a chance/shot/save/pass/goal that was'

Liam MacLeod saying 'it is' instead of 'it's' every time something half interesting happens

In fact all players being interviewed who think that it's essential to use cliches because everybody else does

St Johnstone consistently punch above their weight.

If they're doing it so consistently, maybe they have moved up a 'weight' and are just a better team?

In terms of "points per game", we're the fifth best team in the country over the past twenty years...

[insert club name/town] is a difficult place to go. Used regularly for teams coming to Dingwall. Naw, it isnae.

People just assume because the Highlands are far away it's a difficult game. Media and managers used to come out with that stuff about us when we win about two home games in a year at one point.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

People just assume because the Highlands are far away it's a difficult game. Media and managers used to come out with that stuff about us when we win about two home games in a year at one point.

Our win last tuesday at home to Dundee was our first home league win in 2017, and I still hear pundits spout that pish.

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

If the Kessock Bridge is shut due to high winds it is.

Hmmm maybe adds about 15 minutes :P

Archived