Worst sayings in Scottish Football

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"X and Y worked a little give and go"

I have no idea what this means, it only started a few years ago, seemed to migrate up from English commentary. Surely "giving" a pass and moving somewhere else is the entire basis of possession in football?

Slight tangent, but commentators apologising for swearing picked up by the microphones.

Presumably because some absolute melt phoned OFCOM once upon a time to complain.

Especially when its a game involving a set of supporters who can be heard singing all manner of sectarian ditties.

References to 'getting his shot off' or 'shots off' are a relatively recent and irritating development.

See also ; getting a shot away

Away from what? His fucking foot?

'They hunted in packs'

I think this started off as a genuine saying around the time of barcelonas peak a few years ago but after just about any game won by a team that isn't a comfortable favourite he pundits seem to just say it with no real thought behind it.

13 hours ago, milhouse said:

"X and Y worked a little give and go"

I have no idea what this means, it only started a few years ago, seemed to migrate up from English commentary. Surely "giving" a pass and moving somewhere else is the entire basis of possession in football?

I'm sure this was Ron Atkinson

Archived