Falkirk v St Mirren

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

He shag yer misses or suhin? You seem to no like him at all.

Bairdy and Kerr get away with playing consecutive games without being dropped. If it was up to me I'd have Miller and Austin upfront with Ohara off the bench. But I know that isn't gonna happen. So I'd rather McHugh and Austin over Baird playing.

The stats speak for themselves never mind the performances, still if you prefer a striker with 3 goals from starts in two seasons to start the game, the same as Paul Watson then that's your prerogative . 

The only hope is that the St Mirren tops look similar to Elgin's......He likes a goal against Elgin........ I wonder why

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many more games has Baird started than Bob though?  If he had started the same number I think it's reasonable to assume that his goal tally would be higher.

I do think that Bob's better coming off the bench but I don't feel that Bairdy's at it at the moment at all and I think he needs a spell on the bench. I can't remember a starting pairing of Bob and Austin so think it would be worth a try.

What I particularly like about Bob is his workrate and his willingness to chase and, often rescue, lost causes. I think that any striker would be happy to have him partner them.

How many more games has Baird started than Bob though?  If he had started the same number I think it's reasonable to assume that his goal tally would be higher.
I do think that Bob's better coming off the bench but I don't feel that Bairdy's at it at the moment at all and I think he needs a spell on the bench. I can't remember a starting pairing of Bob and Austin so think it would be worth a try.
What I particularly like about Bob is his workrate and his willingness to chase and, often rescue, lost causes. I think that any striker would be happy to have him partner them.

Agree with this. Baird workrate is to his credit however I've always found his finishing predictable and so do goalies. His goal to minute on pitch this season is very low with even midfielders like hippo and sibbald being higher. 8 league goals from a team who is second and highest scorers and given his serious game time isn't enough. I'd pick Austin and Miller every time when fit now. If Miller not fit then McHugh who I think is a bit better finisher and workrate comparable to Baird which to his credit is impressive

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think there is a reason why Baird has started more games, a league goal every 2 and half games to Bobs 1 every 8 per starts. I know strikers shouldnt be all judged on goals but these two should, I cant recall either of them scoring outside the box or contributing too much outside the box other than effort

Its the same old story with Bob for me, does it as a sub, starts week after then subbed cause he has done heehaw, its groundhog day

Ive yet to see this work rate from Bob, could you see him do what Baird done at Easter Road, run 60 yards with ball, win corner and score from corner, Baird is far from perfect but he never hides. 

I was gonna pop down to the development game tonite but the weather held me in to watch champions league instead, no shepherd tonite, Austin on the bench Saturday and Shepherd and Baird/McHugh....heard it here first !!!!

How the f**k can we play Shepherd after one sub appearance, and leave Austin who prior to being inexplicably dropped was scoring goals and utterly bitchslapping centre halfs all over?

Cause he just gave him a contract. Houston is in charge and don't you dare question him.

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McDust is John Baird

Nope, a bit taller but if we are looking to hand out contracts to strikers who score 3 goals from starts in 2 seasons, I'll be digging the boots out or digging up Angus Plumb

4 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

I suspect we will see Aird on the right to cope with the pace of the St Mirren LB. Sibbald on the left with Kerr and Taiwo in the middle.

In terms of strikers, f**k knows.

What worries me is that I think they will come with their tails up and look to win.

If we sit back we could be in bother.

If we go forward and try to win we should be able to beat them easily.

Falkirk are clearly the second best side in the division. I can't see us pulling back-to-back performances like tonight's out the bag.
Obviously we're not to be taken lightly, but I don't think we'll win here.

Some result the night for you lot, I just hope houston doesn't do his usual cautious pish.

5-4 to us with Austin scoring all 10

Archived