Falkirk v St Mirren

I have a fear of Hippolyyte as he is big and strong and creat havoc when he runs at a defence.

we have Ben Gordon back after a lay off from the dirty b*****d at Raith Mark Stewart

I  like Jack Baird and feel a rest will do him good ,he was like a. Startled Fawn against the Sons 

Falkirk are a good side and I would bit your hand off for a draw 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Who was the ex player ? And what did he say ?

Eh? 

Jack Ross was the player, and his ex Falkirk team mates had been texting him all that week telling him what Falkirk were going to do to St Mirren that Saturday. He used it to spur his team mates on and we certainly went out at full pelt that day. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Eh? 

Jack Ross was the player, and his ex Falkirk team mates had been texting him all that week telling him what Falkirk were going to do to St Mirren that Saturday. He used it to spur his team mates on and we certainly went out at full pelt that day. 

Your post made it seem that one former team mate had been at the wind up.

St Mirren fans crumbling under the pressure and turning on each other pre-game.

I wasn't at the game in Paisley but at the last home game I remember being really impressed with the 3 attacking midfielders St Mirren had that day, seemed to give us a torrid time until Jack Baird tried to destroy BSLM's perfect face.

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Knew st mirrens form had picked up but didn't realise they had lost only one in the last nine games. Our home form hasn't been great lately either. I can see this being much trickier than league tables suggest.

Yeah, our form is nigh-on identical over the last 10 games. Sadly, much of our good form here was with Harry Davis marshalling our defence, and Lewis Morgan stretching opponents' defences. We simply aren't as good without them.

atherTt.png

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Attendance comfirmed. Hoping for a similar heads gone from the St Mirren players and fans as last time.

Less chance of that happening without Miller, hes a nightmare to play against. Good old fashioned target man who can get under people's skin and nab a goal or two.

On 4/10/2017 at 13:30, djchapsticks said:

Apologies, shows what one misplaced apostrophe does in here. Causes carnage! 

Good job you weren't talking about vegetable's. ....

Surprised to see McHugh make many folks starting 11 with 4 games in the league to go, Bob has yet to start a game and do well.....still he has a song

Baird consistently plays absolutely fucking shite. He's passed it. Rather give McHugh a chance to nab himself a contract for next year.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Baird consistently plays absolutely fucking shite. He's passed it. Rather give McHugh a chance to nab himself a contract for next year.

Why ?

A ten game spell (mostly from the bench) last season where he turned up and this season he hasnt. He has scored 3 goals in two seasons from starts

Why ?
A ten game spell (mostly from the bench) last season where he turned up and this season he hasnt. He has scored 3 goals in two seasons from starts

He shag yer misses or suhin? You seem to no like him at all.

Bairdy and Kerr get away with playing consecutive games without being dropped. If it was up to me I'd have Miller and Austin upfront with Ohara off the bench. But I know that isn't gonna happen. So I'd rather McHugh and Austin over Baird playing.

I dont mind which of them plays. I think it was already alluded to on another thread, those 2 dont work together. Both of the drop deep too often leaving nothing up top and a compacted midfield. Austin or Miller, both stay up top and win balls with the head or into the chest and lay off which allows Baird or McHugh to run on to it. Baird and McHugh both having their back to goal creates nothing for us.

Agreed, both very defensive type forwards that just don't work together. I think Austin is the future and can become an absolute baller. Would love to see Ohara set up from now into next season too.

Archived