Glens v Bonnyrigg and Bonnyrigg v Glens - SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINAL

AftonArmy1994

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen, we (Glenafton Athletic} have had nothing from officials this season, but. We'll get on with it, we know we're not liked at the powers that be, but we will rise above them!! 3

As a said I'm trying to keep away from the sour grapes we didn't perform if that's down to glenafton a don't know hats off you won just felt we weren't get a lot of calls from the ref and the big call with Turner a hope to see again your left back looked lucky to still be on the park.
Thanks to all the the bowling club great hosts hope the made a good few quid out it today [emoji1417][emoji1417]

3 minutes ago, Van magic said:

As a said I'm trying to keep away from the sour grapes we didn't perform if that's down to glenafton a don't know hats off you won just felt we weren't get a lot of calls from the ref and the big call with Turner a hope to see again your left back looked lucky to still be on the park.
Thanks to all the the bowling club great hosts hope the made a good few quid out it today emoji1417.pngemoji1417.png

No one has came out yet and said Bonnyrigg were feckin rotlen.

They were.

They threatened twice in the last two minutes with corners.

No one has came out yet and said Bonnyrigg were feckin rotlen.
They were.
They threatened twice in the last two minutes with corners.

I don't recall either keeper having a lot to do.

I wasn't at the game today ( other commitments) but I know a few who were. And from what I'm told Bonnyrigg were doing a lot of time wasting? But hey what do I know I wasn't there. I'll also miss the 2nd leg next week. But I can assure you I'll be there on the 4th June with my Glens family [emoji6] ( you do know " Bonnyrigg " you're getting humped next Saturday) [emoji23][emoji23]. ( only messing [emoji51]

Thought every single Glens player played their part, they left nothing out there today, but in saying that it wasn't our free flowing crisp passing game that we have been playing most of this season.  But we will now take that 1-0 victory and use it as our half time, to now press on next week and get the job done.

as for Bonnyrigg, I personally did not think they showed all that much but dont be kidded, as it could b a totally different story next week up there.

but we dont concern ourselves with that, we focus on what we can do better again next week and push on to secure that final spot.

Think Cammy reaction was not what any of us would expect, but the tackle was a shocker.  Davie Grays challenge was more cynical to break up the attack than it ever was malicious, please if you see a replay you will agree here.  Penalty I was personally too far away to comment on it but we don't have a bunch of diving screaming player unlike your centre forward who was girning about everything just cos he couldn't be get out big Chessy & Zees back pocket haha.

On a serious note thought, hope the old boy who took the tumble and had to have the ambulance called is ok, and not too much damage.  Glens captains partner assisted as did a local GP til ambulance attended.  

Also big well done to the Glenafton Committee in having the Campbell Hall completed so quickly and looking like a complete new building, it's a truly fantastic job the guys have done and we now have facilities that challenge the best the same as we have a squad out doing the business on the park showing we are the best.

SUPER AFTON.

I didn't think there was much between the teams. In the 1st half Glenafton no8 smashed a shot just past the upright and Mcgachie should've done better in front of goals near the end of the half. I'm not sure what Turner was booked for, his challenge was rash but i don't think he conceded a free kick from it.

Game decided by 2 mistakes. Adam Nelson gifting Glen's the ball on the edge of the box which they scored from and then the penalty. I was close to it and it looked like there was no contact but not dissimilar to decisions you see every week which are endlessly debated. The Bonnyrigg defenders reaction was disgraceful which got him sent off. being down to 10men cost​ them the opportunity to get back in the game.

Didn't think there was much time wasting, Glen's seemed quite happy to see the game out at 1-0.

Enjoyed the bowling club and the day out and the folk on duty were friendly. I'd guess the crowd was about 600 home and 300-400 away. Looking forward to next week!

39 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

I didn't think there was much between the teams. In the 1st half Glenafton no8 smashed a shot just past the upright and Mcgachie should've done better in front of goals near the end of the half. I'm not sure what Turner was booked for, his challenge was rash but i don't think he conceded a free kick from it.

Game decided by 2 mistakes. Adam Nelson gifting Glen's the ball on the edge of the box which they scored from and then the penalty. I was close to it and it looked like there was no contact but not dissimilar to decisions you see every week which are endlessly debated. The Bonnyrigg defenders reaction was disgraceful which got him sent off. being down to 10men cost them the opportunity to get back in the game.

Didn't think there was much time wasting, Glen's seemed quite happy to see the game out at 1-0.

Enjoyed the bowling club and the day out and the folk on duty were friendly. I'd guess the crowd was about 600 home and 300-400 away. Looking forward to next week!

Crowd was 849 according to Bonnyrigg FB.

Just rewatched some incidents on the periscope feed from today:

Thought a competent ref would have dealt with the double yellow incident in the first half differently. It wasn't the worst challenge in the game - that was the cynical nasty and snide challenge moments later, which should have been a straight red. The ball was long gone and it was right in front of the referee, really dismal refereeing.

Lloyd Wilson looks to have been promoted well past his ability - Lorraine Clark is much better.

Didn't get a clear view of the penalty, so looking forward to seeing that on the rose highlights.

Absolutely disgusting performance from that referee today. By a country mile the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen in my life, tell me this wasn't the guy that didn't know the rules earlier in the season? Shouldn't be allowed 2 referee again in my eyes. One of the worst performances I've seen from Bonnyrigg this season, a few players seemed 2 give up the ghost 2nd half, they all had a tough shift after the red yeah but I'd have liked 2 seen a wee bit more fight in such a big game. Still as bad as Bonnyrigg were minus the penalty (which looked questionable 2 see the least, not seen highlights yet) I thought Bonnyrigg could and should have won the game. 1-0 wi 10 men for so long is a decent result but should have been better. Confirmed yet again for me that the east is head and shoulders above the west. Bonnyrigg show up next week and I reckon they could embarrass glenafton. That tattiefield and thats being generous, did not suit bonnyrjggs usual passing game today. On probably the best pitch in Scotland next week Bonnyrigg will show their class. I don't think any1 can disagree that Bonnyrigg are by quite a bit the best team in the juniors but just a case of getting over that line and proving it now

Archived