Top Six Fixtures

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Early next week apparently. There's a story on the BBC website carrying the expected dates.

Just noticed the Old Firm game has been confirmed already. Why do they get their game decided early but nobody else does?

We should be at home to Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers then away to Hearts and St Johnstone. Fully expecting this not to happen though due to the SPFL anti-Thistle agenda.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Thistle are actually likely to be the beneficiaries of the imbalances caused by the split this year. No changes are required for Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers whose fixtures will work out with a 19 home/19 away split by playing the teams they are due to play home and away respectively. St Johnstone are due an extra home game and Hearts an extra away fixture, and with St Johnstone having had three games at Tynecastle last season, the obvious solution would be to send Hearts to McDiarmid Park for a third time. Thistle have already played 17 home games but would be due Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers at home, and since all three don't require any changes it looks like Thistle will end up with 20 home games.

2 minutes ago, Bushel o' Bricks said:

Thistle are actually likely to be the beneficiaries of the imbalances caused by the split this year. No changes are required for Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers whose fixtures will work out with a 19 home/19 away split by playing the teams they are due to play home and away respectively. St Johnstone are due an extra home game and Hearts an extra away fixture, and with St Johnstone having had three games at Tynecastle last season, the obvious solution would be to send Hearts to McDiarmid Park for a third time. Thistle have already played 17 home games but would be due Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers at home, and since all three don't require any changes it looks like Thistle will end up with 20 home games.

How are we due an extra home game?

Guest Bushel o' Bricks
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

How are we due an extra home game?

St Johnstone would be due to play Partick Thistle and Rangers at home and Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts away, but by the time of the split they'll only have played 16 home games so one of those away games would need to be switched to give a 19-19 split. Hearts is the obvious one since to balance out last season's arrangements.

2 minutes ago, Bushel o' Bricks said:

St Johnstone would be due to play Partick Thistle and Rangers at home and Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts away, but by the time of the split they'll only have played 16 home games so one of those away games would need to be switched to give a 19-19 split. Hearts is the obvious one since to balance out last season's arrangements.

We're due to play Aberdeen at home though, we've only played them once at home, and will have played them twice away by the time of the split.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We're due to play Aberdeen at home though, we've only played them once at home, and will have played them twice away by the time of the split.

Scrap that I've just remembered its a home game we've got against them before the split.

Carry on.

While we should be playing County, Inverness and Killie away, we're due an extra home game against one of them. We'll have only played 16 home games compared to 17 away come the split.
I'd fancy our chances at Inverness more than the other two, and we've looked pretty good against County at home. We've also not beaten Killie at home since 2010 - going so far back that it was Dougie Imrie's first goal for us!
I know it depends on the others' fixtures (that I have no clue about), but County at home is certainly our best hope.

While we should be playing County, Inverness and Killie away, we're due an extra home game against one of them. We'll have only played 16 home games compared to 17 away come the split.
I'd fancy our chances at Inverness more than the other two, and we've looked pretty good against County at home. We've also not beaten Killie at home since 2010 - going so far back that it was Dougie Imrie's first goal for us!
I know it depends on the others' fixtures (that I have no clue about), but County at home is certainly our best hope.

SIX
FIXTURES

now f**k off back to the diddie threads.

thank you

Probably expect the fixtures to be announced tomorrow or Wednesday

Game 34 weekend of April 29th
Game 35 weekend of May 6th
Game 36 weekend of May 13th
Game 37 midweek May 16th/17th
Game 38 weekend May 20th

Aberdeen most likely will have
Home - Celtic & St Johnstone
Away - Hearts, Partick and The Rangers

We know they won't play sevco or Celtic game 34
We probably know they won't play St Johnstone two fixtures in a row

So would expect we kick off away to Hearts or Partick (maybe tv on the friday night??)

After that complete guesswork but maybe we then get a home game because we'll have been away for two fixtures in a row so home to St Johnstone (not Celtic because theyve played two away on the trot)

36 - away again to Hearts, Partick or Sevco

37 - home to Celtic on the telly midweek

38 - away to Hearts, Partick or Sevco

I understand Budge was wanting our home games played as early as possible to allow demolition work to start on our old stand as soon as possible.

I've no idea if the SPFL are going to accommodate that.

I understand Budge was wanting our home games played as early as possible to allow demolition work to start on our old stand as soon as possible.

Could just give Hearts give away games.

49 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Hope not! The first matchday after the split is the only one I can't make, and Hearts away is the one I want to go to most. :(

Archived