LINLITHGOW V TALBOT / TALBOT V LINLITHGOW

happy

By no means a classic but a vast improvement on last week's pallid showing.

Our defence has been rock solid this season and did its job again today. Linlithgow passed it around sweetly but crucially it wasn't in the final third and they created very few clear cut chances.

The last ten minutes was nerve wracking as Linlithgow threw men forward and played a more direct style but the defence stood up to it & the one clear chance Rose made; Leishman produced a top save 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get 1,800 crowd from?

1,050 was the official crowd through the gate

I met Tucker at the Tesco checkout. He was buying a tube of Pringles, with some mild chilli dip.
I congratulated him on one of his best ever triumphs.
He said thanks, John. Must have been about 1,800 in today.

I met Tucker at the Tesco checkout. He was buying a tube of Pringles, with some mild chilli dip.
I congratulated him on one of his best ever triumphs.
He said thanks, John. Must have been about 1,800 in today.

Pringles and dip [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Haa Haa I've not got time to come up with evidence as I'm too seething / raging / upset to bother [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji28][emoji28]

Just go into a dark room and self abuse yourself......... should be no problem for you .......

Statts will show a 1 0 win to Talbot. 

What statts don't show is that over two games very little football was played.

Those are the two poorest Rose and Talbot teams I have ever seen - if either current team played their 2013 versions there would be a right royal gubbing. 

For the benefit of the Rose management team if you are one nil down in a semi final you take a left back off and put a striker on - not the other way around.

3 hours ago, The Gudderman said:

I'm sure we scored at Beechwood in 2011. A direct free kick IIRC. That would've been the fourth game ago.

I make it one final each too. They're the wins that count for me.

I'm sure we'll all be having the same swapping of opinions again sometime.

All the best for the final. Enjoy your day oot.

You are quit correct about the 4th game ago. In fact I mentioned it today as you got a free kick in virtually the same spot in the second half. Fact is people have stopped correcting this guy as his recollection of stats is very poor.

That's a lucky post for you. Today's goal came off the same post that you got the winner off in 2011.  

Your winner in 2013 came off the bar.

Are we unlucky or what? The last three ties have been decided by a single goal which came off the woodwork and went in rather than out.  

I'm not bitter, really.

On 22 April 2017 at 16:43, Specky said:

And there's the arrogance!

You were outplayed over 180 minutes end of! but we didn't score you did so that's the end result.

Try being a little more dignified in victory.

HTG!

My good man, do you actually think that? Is that how deluded people can become?  Over the 180 minutes there was little between the sides, both had good spells and chances. Rose looked a good side at times but at the end of the day could not find the net over two games. Talbot are hard to beat this season and give nothing away cheaply. Talbot were very short on personel for this game but still done the business and have never lost a leg in these double header semis, geez oh give some credit where it's due. 

Just catching up on this from my new working location, unfortunately haven't seen much of the gallant this year due to the new job. However Auld Dunderheid continues to baffle with his constant failure to move on and his insistence that one man is too blame for everything at the Rose-

"It's not just Lumsden you should be asking questions of - we have been in regression since that day at St Andrews"-

after Mark resigned on the Pitch at St Andrews with the words of "Bye Bye Bradley"-  ringing out from the Rose Loyal- dont say it didn't happen, it did I was there- did they not go on to win their next 4 matches? Under non other than the man you take a great delight at slating at every opportunity?

So clarify please- when did the regression- that included the last minute cup win v Boness, Raith Rovers, Forfar and Ross County to name but a few actually start? Surely a team that wins 4 on the bounce is not in regression? so was it  Pre Danny, Post Danny, Pre McGlynn , Post McGlynn, Pre Lumsden or is it all the man with the 100% win records fault?

Archived