Fastest Junior goal ever?

Hillonearth

Gavin is a product of Drumchapel United ,he then spent almost 5 seasons at Dundee United before moving to the Glens for 15 months before moving onto Knightswood juveniles then Alloa for 6 months,played for a few other teams, Petershill, Meadow etc before signing for us in October. [emoji106]

Lol. [emoji476]

All true, but he learned how to take a kick off at Glencairn. [emoji23]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Theres not much we can say about it, the guy completely caught us flat footed with a great strike. It would go against the ethos of our club to not have released the video. I just hope we're getting the copyright credits and the ad-revenue for the plays.

It was on BBC 1 Scottish news at 6-30 tonight.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 08:21, Hillonearth said:

There's a distinct possibility the 300-odd people present at Lochburn Park last week saw a bit of history and a world record into the bargain.

That was my feeling at the time and why for the first time in my life I applauded a goal from the opposition. As others have said totally unexpected so wouldn't blame Josh (who btw I hope stays with the Bankies next season) Our problem is we cannot score goals - one from open play in the last 4 games! That's not the keepers fault!

11 minutes ago, Southside Bankie said:

That was my feeling at the time and why for the first time in my life I applauded a goal from the opposition. As others have said totally unexpected so wouldn't blame Josh (who btw I hope stays with the Bankies next season) Our problem is we cannot score goals - one from open play in the last 4 games! That's not the keepers fault!

Aye, there's always the danger the keeper will get scapegoated as the fall guy in situations like this, but I genuinely don't think he was at fault on this occasion...like I said earlier in the thread, I reckon he might have seen it late on account of the semi-wall of three players on the edge of he circle.

If he'd been caught napping by a lob over his head fair play to blame him, but this one never really gets more than maybe 12 feet off the deck and when it hits the net it's still going at some clip - I don't think there are many keepers out there who would have stopped it.

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Just seen it on BBC breakfast. .. Amateur's she called us!!

I don't think they know what to call us, I've heard the "eighth tier of the Scottish League" as well like the pyramid's been fully implemented and we've happily tucked ourselves below the South of Scotland League  :1eye

Ironically, most of the foreign news outlets seem to have done the research and are just calling us semi-professional...

44 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Apparently some outlets are asking permission etc, but then you even have BBC not crediting the footage on their article.

I've heard of folk contacting news outlets and getting a few quid after they've used photos and vids from Facebook pages without asking.

Not talking more than a couple of hundred quid but maybe worth considering as there's nowt to lose and it would be better in the cameraman/ Maryhill's pocket than some scummy tabloid's. 

16 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Dont know why it would go to Maryhill, its Clydebank's footage. But yes I agree, BBC makes good money from ad revenue abroad these days so they should hopefully pay up.

Aye, at the very least the UK news outlets should be paying something to use footage - it's a cheek if they're just lifting it, especially uncredited.

This one made me laugh though:

1n8kke.jpg

Archived