Fastest Junior goal ever?

Hillonearth

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Take it the goalie was off his line and the player put it over his head from kick off. Can't imagine there's any quicker way of scoring. 

Keeper was off his line, but it was more of a drive than a lob - a lot less hang time in the air.

Just now, Red Rose said:

Do you have the video?

The Bankies were filming - I believe for their Youtube channel....dying to see it (and obviously to time it)

I was taking photos for the programme...took one of the kickoff, turned the camera off, and by the time I managed to turn it back on all I caught were the celebrations, which bizarrely were in our own half...

Great for who? Fcukin sadism [emoji20] lol. Nah goal cam is only ever on the goal bankies shooting at, it was moved at half time.

Obviously not for you guys, i think personally when something out the ordinary happens at any level it should be applauded and if it's caught on camera even better, allows folk who missed it coming into the game or hearing about it on here or other parts of social media the chance to see it. [emoji106]

The ref said 3.5 seconds, hopefully it wasn't too quick and the bankies cameraman caught it. [emoji106]

This was 3.25 players harley on park unreal.  Neilston Pollok  

From the first sound of the ref's whistle to the ball being under the crossbar (can't swear it's over the line from the angle given) is 3.25 seconds.

10 minutes ago, The Borrheid Bull said:

If Guinness recognised non professional (which they don't)

You're right, they don't - with four sub-3 second goals on record it clearly wasn't the fastest ever so that's immaterial - however four of the ten fastest on the Wikipedia page were amateur or semi-pro level.

giphy.gif

Did very well to get that - these days when I'm daeing the Largs Thistle filming I'm often still fidgeting wi the phone for a few seconds efter KO!
I did get Hurlford's 11-seconds goal against us in September 2013 though - quickest I've seen at Theesel.

Archived