Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly more confident about the game than we would've been in the past, not sure if it'll help or hinder that the game means largely nothing.  We could lose every game between now and the end of the season and it wouldn't really matter apart from prize money.  Of course we can still catch Hearts, and there's that to play for, but we can go tomorrow and hopefully play with no pressure.  As long as we look like we want to win it, I'll be happy enough.

3 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Game looks as if it is heading for a near sell out and i believe Thistle have sold their allocation. Should be a cracking atmosphere and hopefully a very decent game. 

Not sure your view of what this consists of aligns with mine. Personally I'm hoping to see the Gers fan in the mobility scooter wearing jodhpurs and a riding helmet again this season.

Certainly more confident about the game than we would've been in the past, not sure if it'll help or hinder that the game means largely nothing.  We could lose every game between now and the end of the season and it wouldn't really matter apart from prize money.  Of course we can still catch Hearts, and there's that to play for, but we can go tomorrow and hopefully play with no pressure.  As long as we look like we want to win it, I'll be happy enough.

Finishing the season with six defeats would be shite :(
Each and every point earned will be a fillup to the players going into next season.

9 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Game looks as if it is heading for a near sell out and i believe Thistle have sold their allocation. Should be a cracking atmosphere and hopefully a very decent game. 

Sorry Bob, I have to disagree with you on this occasion.

Thisrle allocation is what? Maybe 1,000? Rangers allocation - circa 48,000 or so?

Ergo, 48,000 surely can drown out 1,000, no.? = Atmosphere dead if Rangers winning.

Unless the Thistle are winning with ten minutes to go of course. Then it would be 5,000 v 1,000 singing.

Cracking atmosphere? I don't agree with you, I'm afraid...

I do agree it could be a great game, potentially.

Both sides' recent form is near identical against pretty much the same opponents, so I'd hope we can at the very least be competitive for the whole 90 minutes. There is the nagging worry of us downing tools a bit, but I'd like to think we take seriously the very realistic prospect of catching Hearts and taking advantage of their dropped points tonight.

I wouldn't change much from our line-up last week, but for me Azeez more than deserves a start. He's made excellent contributions off the bench in our last three home games, and turned into an on-form Romelu Lukaku in the second half at Parkhead. Get him up front to ragdoll whatever unheard-of they have at the back this week.

If Azeez has taken confidence from his goal at Parkhead, so much so that he goes on a goalscoring run. With him and Doolan on form we will smash everyone in the top 6 starting with Rangers today.

Or he'll miss his traditional Azeez chances and we'll lose 1-0! I'll still love him though.

If we turn up today we'll do alright. I don't want to hear any nonsense about this game not been important, every game a professional footballer plays is important. Were Thistle to have adopted that attitude we'd have rolled over meekly at Celtic Park? What would be the pint of qualifying for the top 6 if we were simply to surrender the points without a fight? That way reeks of amateurism and defeatism.

We are a halfway decent side and in my view it'd be criminal to let all our hard work so far this season go to rack and ruin, due to a lack of ambition.

Getting unexpectedly let away from work early due to the bank holiday (thankfully tomorrows shift is off too!) which is right near the bbc building - toying with heading along, although it would be in the home end of my big team seeing as the away allocation is sold out.

Are there any streams going for the game ie rangerstv or the like?

I would keep the same starting lineup from the Motherwell game if possible. But the bbc says that Doolan, Booth and Erskine are carrying injuries so Azeez is in with a good shout of getting a start and from his recent performances he does deserves one.

23 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Hopefully Glasgow's - real, pure - team, smashes in a win. They've definitely got more bottle than Aberdeen anyway. Do it for Scotland lads x

& they have the best colours  > especially when they go back to the stripey strip version.

Archived