Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, dave.j said:

This thread is a torturous read!

Agree wholeheartedly. Some people need to take a few deep breaths.

Expecting a very tough game against an in form Thistle team. I haven't seen a lot of them this season but the recent results show they are one of the in form teams and unless we are at our best we will struggle.

Not a popular view among the rest of Scottish football but i would never have Garner out my team. He offers us something else and nothing wrong with getting in opposition players faces. He needs to learn to channel that aggression and not pick up silly bookings early in games!! Waghorn , Miller , Dodoo, McKay and MoH are all too 'nice'. If Pedro is going with the 3 up top i would go for Miller , Garner and McKay. Waghorn has been doing fairly well recently but just hasn't been clinical enough. Dodoo is an impact sub for Miller if needed.

At the back i am not convinced with Bates but then again is he any worse than the rest of them? The amount of goals / chances we give away at set pieces is embarrassing, Hopefully with the new manager in place this will be sorted. 

Usually confident going in to these games but we have been a little inconsistent and even during the Aberdeen game we let them get on top for 20 minutes after starting well and finishing strongly. 

Rangers 2-1 Thistle. 

Agree wholeheartedly. Some people need to take a few deep breaths.

Expecting a very tough game against an in form Thistle team. I haven't seen a lot of them this season but the recent results show they are one of the in form teams and unless we are at our best we will struggle.

Not a popular view among the rest of Scottish football but i would never have Garner out my team. He offers us something else and nothing wrong with getting in opposition players faces. He needs to learn to channel that aggression and not pick up silly bookings early in games!! Waghorn , Miller , Dodoo, McKay and MoH are all too 'nice'. If Pedro is going with the 3 up top i would go for Miller , Garner and McKay. Waghorn has been doing fairly well recently but just hasn't been clinical enough. Dodoo is an impact sub for Miller if needed.

At the back i am not convinced with Bates but then again is he any worse than the rest of them? The amount of goals / chances we give away at set pieces is embarrassing, Hopefully with the new manager in place this will be sorted. 

Usually confident going in to these games but we have been a little inconsistent and even during the Aberdeen game we let them get on top for 20 minutes after starting well and finishing strongly. 

Rangers 2-1 Thistle. 

A decent and fairly objective view IMHO!

42 minutes ago, davied85 said:

Agree with everything you say bob ,except garner ,he's fucking hopeless

I am nothing if not an optimist. I live in the hope that he ll come good. He just has to cut out the nonsense. I cringe every time i think about that assault on Imrie. I still cannot believe he was not sent off that day and then he scores a hat trick!! 

Archived