Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Coincided with the Azeez substitution. No out ball.

Thought they ran out of steam after about half an hour to be honest. In fairness, it's been a long season for them. Some effort getting themselves out of the relegation zone and into the top 6. 

It's going to be difficult to repeat that next season with Hibs being promoted but St Johnstone regularly finish in the top 6 on a low budget so it's certainly possible. :)

57 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As per Wikipedia it's the 50th anniversary of English's death (April 12, 1967)

I wonder why, in the 21st century, the religion of a former player is seen as being so important that it merits a mention on a fans banner? 

No complaints about the result. If anything Cerny prevented it from being 4 or 5-0.

Rangers fans really are absolute vermin, but we all knew that already.

Not much else to say about today, really.

Just in. Rolled over by an impressive Rangers press in the first fifteen minutes of the second half, where I thought we might have been on the end of a pumping. So fair dos to our players for keeping it sensible.  I think Celtic might be in for a fright next week if they can't cope with the baws oot stuff from Rangers.

However Ibrox is not a nice place to visit. Their supporters bring out the worst in ours, which is a shame.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

and what?

Vile rats.

Not nearly as vile as the opposition fans that taunted Sam English for the rest of his time at Rangers. By all accounts it was a tragic accident that ended one mans life and traumatised another for the rest of his life!

The wording on the banner could have been in better taste but i am never going to apologise for  Rangers supporters remembering a player many have a lot of sympathy for after his treatment by others. 

9 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Horrible horrible day out with the Orcs.     They're even more insufferable when they're winning.

Do not sit with these people.     Missing the game is by far the preferable choice

This post made me smile. Thanks for the much needed revenue :thumsup2

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Sam English aside ( may he rest in peace); what exactly is a 'proud protestant' anyway?

Considering all Rangers players of the time were 'Proud Protestants' the banner smacks to me of 'Proddies killed/ kill Catholics'.

A new low for the new club. 

Archived