Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

I hated the halitosis hordes who supported the old Rangers when we used to visit Ibrox.

Do you think the fans of the new club will still do that fuckin stupid sniper-in-the-stand pish? 

Think yer getting us mixed up with the other mob 

6 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

I hated the halitosis hordes who supported the old Rangers when we used to visit Ibrox.

The Dim Ones thinking visiting Ibrox was in the past.  Where do they think they're going on Saturday?

46 minutes ago, thepundit said:

There is a huge gap.

You've made the top 6. 

Well done.

Calm doon.

I've already got the 3 points on the board. Patrick at Ibrox? Absolutely no chance.

I don't expect us to win on Saturday, but there's hardly the same massive gulf in class between the sides that there used to be. Any time I'd seen this fixture in previous seasons, man for man Rangers were miles better in every single position on the pitch. Not any more.

Since we were bottom in December, we've taken 6 points more than Rangers (that's in the last 15 games), and in players like Cerny, Lindsay, Keown, Osman, Barton, Erskine and Doolan you could make an argument for taking them over their Rangers counterpart. Especially Cerny, Lindsay and Barton.

As I said, I don't expect us to win. We have a pish record away to the bigger teams, and Ibrox is still an intimidating place to go. But it's not 2003 any more. Huge gap yer arse.

50 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don't expect us to win on Saturday, but there's hardly the same massive gulf in class between the sides that there used to be. Any time I'd seen this fixture in previous seasons, man for man Rangers were miles better in every single position on the pitch. Not any more.

Since we were bottom in December, we've taken 6 points more than Rangers (that's in the last 15 games), and in players like Cerny, Lindsay, Keown, Osman, Barton, Erskine and Doolan you could make an argument for taking them over their Rangers counterpart. Especially Cerny, Lindsay and Barton.

As I said, I don't expect us to win. We have a pish record away to the bigger teams, and Ibrox is still an intimidating place to go. But it's not 2003 any more. Huge gap yer arse.

2003 was an astronomical gap, now it's only huge.

You've said yourself you expect you won't win. If you genuinely believed there wasn't a huge gap in terms of quality you wouldn't be saying that.

15 minutes ago, thepundit said:

2003 was an astronomical gap, now it's only huge.

You've said yourself you expect you won't win. If you genuinely believed there wasn't a huge gap in terms of quality you wouldn't be saying that.

Well, that's utterly bizarre logic.

I didn't expect to win away at Kilmarnock a few weeks ago. Unless I also thought there was a huge gap between a team below us in the table as well.

There's a huge gap in terms of wages but not in quality of player. Both the clubs sign lower league English players but the difference being that Rangers massively overpay and overrate theirs.
It'll be close. 1-0 or 2-1 either way or a draw. Unless we're already on holiday.

Both teams are in fairly decent form just now, although Rangers fans might consider it fairly average form, since they haven't won the last 10 games by 2 or more. 

I'd probably go with a draw if we can keep it as tight at the back as we have done in the later stages of the season. Dools to score and probably 1-1. 

I know we've got a striker whose now on 100+ goals for his club, I know we just took a point off Celtic for the first time in 256987+ years, I know we've just made top six BUT I still don't have any confidence with us playing one of the old firm teams. Particularly as Ibrox is a tricky place for anyone to visit. A draw here is best I can imagine.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Dim Ones thinking visiting Ibrox was in the past.  Where do they think they're going on Saturday?

We used to visit Ibrox in the past to see the old club Rangers.

We now visit Ibrox to see the new club Sevco. 

Simple really.

Don't normally wear a replica top to the match but I will on Saturday as a subtle girfuy to the hordes [emoji211] [emoji211] [emoji211] [emoji56]

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Reminds me of the true story from years ago, when there was a mini riot outside Shawfield when hundreds of Rangers fans turned up for a League Cup tie, only to be refused entry. Reason was the match was going on at Firhill. Clyde hadn't played at Shawfield for over 2 years. To be fair, no-one had told them. 

Archived