The lesser known Scottish Invincibles - potentially

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not into conspiracy theories but it does seem a bit coincidental that they've suddenly collapsed in form.  I have some sympathy for them.  They are playing at level six of the pyramid simply because the juniors aren't involved.  All of the South/East clubs (and some of the Lowland League clubs) have been inflated to a level above where they would be in a full pyramid system.  They would be in a district league in the West and would certainly not be facing promotion to a league covering such a huge area of the population.

Edusport are probably the only club in the South who would really want promotion.  Situation seems a bit different in the East as I think more clubs would want promotion but they don't have a licence.  You're talking about very small clubs often from villages.  Hopefully all of these problems that are coming up (including Bo'ness etc. trying to get a licence) will force the SFA/SJFA to try to work together to find a better solution.

Hearing Stranraer are wanting to put a team in the South again next season rather than have an under 20's. Would they need a licence of their own to gain promotion? Could open the door for Colt teams.

4 hours ago, neily1690 said:

Boys ran out of steam at the business end of league , have to dust ourselves down and do well in last 2 cups

Conveniently ran out of steam is more like it? Let's keep the license but not go up? Players must be gutted, but committee delighted?

Conveniently ran out of steam is more like it? Let's keep the license but not go up? Players must be gutted, but committee delighted?

Same players that failed to turn up to big games leaving the team with 9 players.
Don't think it has anything to do with the committee or management. Both were let down by boys choosing to do other things with their Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Same players that failed to turn up to big games leaving the team with 9 players.
Don't think it has anything to do with the committee or management. Both were let down by boys choosing to do other things with their Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Was it a case of players not wanting to go up?

I don't remember 1 game that we went to where we had any less than 11 (albeit, that included myself at 1 game)... The boys, management and committee are gutted that we didn't manage to see out the title as Neily will be able to agree with me on! I'm sure there will be some people who are happy that we never managed to win the title but that'll just make it more important to do it next year! But yesterday's win was a positive and we just need to kick on as we have a First Round tie on Wednesday and a Cup Final on Sunday to negotiate! Hopefully we can manage to take some silverware from this season!

Also credit to Abbey Vale, a number of boys missing yesterday and they are massively improved from the standard they were at the start of the season IMO!

And finally, congratulations to Edu on winning the league! Beating Saints 5-0 is no mean feat either and that just shows the team's ability! By the looks of things, the LTHV won't be licensed in time for a play off (if they were to win the East) so all the best to Ricky and all the staff at Edu in the Lowland League next season!

Archived