The lesser known Scottish Invincibles - potentially

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it that shocking , if promotion would jeopardise the long term financial sustainability of the club. 

Surely common sense approach by SFA is to allow winning club to choose if they go up if not second place could be given opportunity.

otherwise this scenario might rear its head again. 

1 hour ago, gingerbreadman said:

Is it that shocking , if promotion would jeopardise the long term financial sustainability of the club. 

Surely common sense approach by SFA is to allow winning club to choose if they go up if not second place could be given opportunity.

otherwise this scenario might rear its head again. 

So why no come oot in public then and say promotion no for them. It's been rumoured for months now and all of a sudden the team who looked invincible are getting pumped as the finishing line approaches. 

Realistically folks regardless of your personal views I'm quite sure Wigtowns players would love to win the SOSFL and to suggest the team have taken their foot off the gas is highly unlikely in my opinion as someone involved in local football ! The Pyramid system is not financially realistic for our Clubs in the South no matter what you think , what size of attendances would be required to support this level not to mention the practicality of having your players available for midweek matches in the central belt ! I for one would commend a fantastic season the team have had despite struggling for numbers on occasions and fair play to them , on and I hope they still get the results to go for them next week 

16 minutes ago, AML67 said:

Realistically folks regardless of your personal views I'm quite sure Wigtowns players would love to win the SOSFL and to suggest the team have taken their foot off the gas is highly unlikely in my opinion as someone involved in local football ! The Pyramid system is not financially realistic for our Clubs in the South no matter what you think , what size of attendances would be required to support this level not to mention the practicality of having your players available for midweek matches in the central belt ! I for one would commend a fantastic season the team have had despite struggling for numbers on occasions and fair play to them , on and I hope they still get the results to go for them next week 

Do you think ww relish going to Dalbeattie and Gretna midweek as they have done for the past 2 seasons. 

WW crowds have been way below 100 recently and are having to compete in LL to comply with the Pyramid. 

Why should Wigtown or any SOSFL club at that be any different! 

Sure as fcuk they'd manage a Scottish Cup trip to Pittodrie or the likes... 

If clubs aren't able to sustain this then get them oot the Pyramid altogether along with their SFA advantages. 

30 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Do you think ww relish going to Dalbeattie and Gretna midweek as they have done for the past 2 seasons. 

WW crowds have been way below 100 recently and are having to compete in LL to comply with the Pyramid. 

If clubs aren't able to sustain this then get them oot the Pyramid altogether along with their SFA advantages. 

I'm sure WW applied to be in the LL surely that's the big difference here.

If Edu do win the league then I'll guarantee u your committee and player will prefer going to Galabank rather as a camel trek to Wigtown. 

7 hours ago, Rocky85 said:

I'm sure WW applied to be in the LL surely that's the big difference here.

If Edu do win the league then I'll guarantee u your committee and player will prefer going to Galabank rather as a camel trek to Wigtown. 

Na the big difference here is Wigtown not wanting to go up. 

They'll still take the SFA perks though. 

ww mayswell go back EOS and Gretna and the Star at that likewise to the SOS then. 

It'll still cost a few quid to get to Annan or Wigtown though,  albeit Annan more accessible especially for me on the train :)

Whether applied LL or not I thought there were new rules in place.

17 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

The location of Wigtown is vastly different from Dalbeattie and Gretna ie Glasgow to Dumfries is under an hour .Glasgow to Wigtown is nearer two.

Central belt thinking is way out when it comes to Wigtownshire.The Scottish cup is a one? off and clubs are paid travel expences. Give us a break down here.

We are doing a good job down here keeping a reasonable standard of football alive.

2 hours ago, info said:

The location of Wigtown is vastly different from Dalbeattie and Gretna ie Glasgow to Dumfries is under an hour .Glasgow to Wigtown is nearer two.

Central belt thinking is way out when it comes to Wigtownshire.The Scottish cup is a one? off and clubs are paid travel expences. Give us a break down here.

We are doing a good job down here keeping a reasonable standard of football alive.

It's no just me bud, but I  can see where you're coming from, it just frustrates me my own team struggling in the LL  at the minute and a team like Wigtown would be able to win league after league without making the step up. Teams like ww could probably do that in the EoS and stay in the Scottish Cup then. 

Archived