Berwick - Stirling

Inadequate performance by our unpredictable team, against a very ordinary Stirling team. 

Very ordinary but good enough to beat us.

No disrespect here, but what does it say about Berwick when 3 of your players had to leave Stirling because they couldn't get a game for an "ordinary team"?

I couldn't make the game today, had something else on, but I thought it was going to end up a draw in truth, however I'm delighted we have picked up the 3 and it really is game on with regards to the Play Off push.

4 points behind Annan and Elgin with Cowdenbeath, Elgin, Edinburgh and Arbroath still to play, it's certainly interesting.

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

No disrespect here, but what does it say about Berwick when 3 of your players had to leave Stirling because they couldn't get a game for an "ordinary team"?

Fair comment. But our pish season, and today's result just makes you better than us. Doesn't make you a decent team -and you're not.

Only Elgin, Arbroath and Forfar can be generally happy with their season. Everyone else has struggled - perhaps with the odd blip of success. Annan in 4th, have lost 13 times!

5 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Fair comment. But our pish season, and today's result just makes you better than us. Doesn't make you a decent team -and you're not.

Only Elgin, Arbroath and Forfar can be generally happy with their season. Everyone else has struggled - perhaps with the odd blip of success. Annan in 4th, have lost 13 times!

Elgin are as big a club as annan and are level on points with them, surely both have had good seasons?

44 minutes ago, Binos123sam said:

Elgin are as big a club as annan and are level on points with them, surely both have had good seasons?

Telling stat about the top 3 over the bottom 7 is the 68 goal difference. And Elgin in 3rd are +22, but Annan are -2

The bottom 7 have had long spells of pure pish, including Stirling and Berwick. 

We aren't exactly world beaters and we've somehow squeezed a lot of wins out of tight games recently.

Still don't see us going up but it's great to have something to play for at the right end of the table. 6 wins out of 7 is great going. Cowden up next. Hopefully we can dispatch them but even if we lose, there's the consolation of seeing Clyde and Berwick dragged further into relegation trouble. 

Elgin? The team in their last 6 games have only picked up a total of 4 points?

We're catching Elgin, play offs here we come.

Watching those highlights, we were pretty fortunate to pick up the 3 points by the look of it.

Think that was a dubious penalty though, certainly from the camera angle. I could be wrong, I have been before, but i think justice was done when Smith saved it.

All in all, looked a poor game but a win is a win.

Archived