Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

31 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Very humiliating. :(

The worst thing about that video, as a Saints fan, was having to watch you use that victory as the launchpad for years of relative success. That third division title that you went on to win really tears me up. 'Gutted' barely covers it, TBH.

You're probably wooshing or fishing here, but I'll bite.

The season after that 5-1 game saw our chairman dismantle everything that Billy Stark had built and Stark himself left soon after. Administration (through deliberate internal asset-stripping) was only a couple of years away and relegation to Division 2 at the end of 2000-01 was completely insignificant compared to the financial issues. A hastily arranged team in the close season struggled over the whole (our one decent player Sean O'Connor being recalled by Dundee Utd and sold to QoS was a major factor in our decline) and we were relegated to the 3rd with two weeks to go.

At least we got some cracking away trips the following year.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, elvis said:

I am sure youse  are good enough to beat us 15-0 and send us back to our rightful place in the league.

Knowing Morton we'd concede in the 93rd minute and it will finish 15-1 :(

9 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Knowing Morton we'd concede in the 93rd minute and it will finish 15-1 :(

Keeper had a BTTS on, right?

In all seriousness, fortunately St Mirren have never conceded double figures in a game. We've certainly not conceded 10 (ten) goals on three different occasions.

21 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Keeper had a BTTS on, right?

In all seriousness, fortunately St Mirren have never conceded double figures in a game. We've certainly not conceded 10 (ten) goals on three different occasions.

Neither have Mort... oh wait.

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Is Lavety deid?

32 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

I don't think he's dead. He is a typical pishley junkie though!

A typical Pishley junkie indeed, although he loved ramming it up the Ton on many an occasion :wub:.

Should have had a much better career than he did, just another in a long list of Scottish talent.

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

A typical Pishley junkie indeed, although he loved ramming it up the Ton on many an occasion :wub:.

Should have had a much better career than he did, just another in a long list of Scottish talent.

Agreed. I hated the little twat.

Basher was at Somerset a few weeks ago in the saints end. 

His best goal against the ton was in his first derby after his ban. 3-0 we won with two goals from Big Yards and a nice scissor kick from Lavety. Think that was the season morton has just sold Derek McInnes. 

Worried, not going to lie. St Mirren are an entirely different prospect to the team we faced last year, and we're not in particularly great shakes at the minute despite Saturday's draw. We're not scoring enough goals and the team appear to be tiring at the worst possible time. St Mirren are still second bottom of the league though, and we're still in pole position for second - if we turn up and play as we're capable of doing, we will win, it's as simple as that. No Oliver (potentially) is a blow but Shankland has a bit of a point to prove against St Murn, I can only hope he gets it right up them. We've also got the Plan B of McDonagh as well, or Kudus if someone's legs are needing broken.

I genuinely can't call this one. I'm not sure what state we'll be in and some St Mirren fans seem to think Ross will set them up for a draw, which would be a bit crap, as we've not had a back and forth high-scoring derby in ages.    

Must not lose. 2-1 Morton.

Archived