Final Renfrewshire Derby of the season

7 hours ago, Kingston Bud said:

My Morton supporting mate has suggested we actually cannot win this the game at all despite being the form team in the league. His over confidence was incredible.

I think it could go either way but if I had a bet it would be

Morton 1 St Mirren 3

Is he winding you up? I don't know a ton fan who is over confident going into any game especially the Renfrewshire Derby. It's a tough one to call with St. Mirren finally getting their act together and being on a fantastic run.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a turn-around from a matter of weeks back; this was apparently to be Morton fans big moment, laughing and pointing at the game that confirmed St Mirren to the drop. No idea who'll win, but now it wouldn't be a huge surprise if StM did. The game should be on the telly, I'd watch it - as a supposed neutral but with a vested interest... It could be a defining moment for both teams. 

2-0 Morton, Forbes and Oliver. After fielding our strongest outfit twice in four days, we'll then rest our top players for our game at Kirkcaldy next Saturday, allowing the home side to pick up a vital three points. Just as we did against Dumbarton.

Sounds like a splendid plan to me.

1491409806829.jpg

Would drawing with Dumbarton and beating Morton not be sweeter for you lot? You still got the 4 points you want from the two fixtures and a derby win could propel you on for the rest of the season. I realise I'm painting this picture from a heavily biased viewpoint, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Not really the same as us winning against Dumbarton would mean 1 less point to them than if we drew with them.

Imagine how smug Morton fans would be on this forum if they ever actually won anything if they are this bad just for being 3rd in the Championship.

Allow them their moment. The 28 year old grandparents down there are already telling their grandkids about Mortons greatest season in generations.

3 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Morton fans trying to be very cautious before this match.

Obviously their team shiteing it in recent weeks is rubbing off on them.

Or one victory in three games against a very poor St Mirren side means it was never going to be easy.

If you're going to fish, at least try and not talk shite m8.

4 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Or one victory in three games against a very poor St Mirren side means it was never going to be easy.

If you're going to fish, at least try and not talk shite m8.

Sounding tense my man, was just giving my view on the recent pages.

You canny go giving it big licks for months about The Buddies then start playing the defensive game now. See it through sir.

So after an initial flurry of posts in this thread it has died down which is very strange for any saints thread. Usually there are Morten fans posting pictures of Alex Salmond eating soup every two minutes.
Is this because we still have important games to play before Tuesday or is it fear of getting bookmarked and made to look stupid?

27 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

So after an initial flurry of posts in this thread it has died down which is very strange for any saints thread. Usually there are Morten fans posting pictures of Alex Salmond eating soup every two minutes.
Is this because we still have important games to play before Tuesday or is it fear of getting bookmarked and made to look stupid?

Check out the Morten/Hibs match thread. Should answer your question.

Archived